Special Issue Paper
SOCIAL INTERACTIONS AND MALARIA PREVENTIVE BEHAVIORS IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
Article first published online: 23 APR 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: European and Australasian Econometrics and Health Economics Workshop papers
Volume 23, Issue 9, pages 994–1012, September 2014
How to Cite
2014), SOCIAL INTERACTIONS AND MALARIA PREVENTIVE BEHAVIORS IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA, Health Econ., 23, pages 994–1012, doi: 10.1002/hec.3055and (
- Issue published online: 19 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 9 OCT 2013
- 1995. Split-sample instrumental variable estimates of the return to schooling. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 13: 225–235. , .
- 2011. Effect of large-scale social interactions on body weight. Journal of Health Economics 30: 303–316. .
- 1994. A theory of conformity. Journal of Political Economy 102: 841–877. .
- 1996. Impact of permethrin impregnated bednets on child mortality in Kassena–Nankana district, Ghana: a randomized controlled trial. Tropical Medicine and International Health 1: 147–154. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Linear Social Network Models. Unpublished manuscript. Available at http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/conf/networks-docs/bbdj08-19-11.pdf (Accessed on April 9, 2014). , , , .
- 2013. Fertility choice, mortality expectations and interdependent preferences. European Economic Review 63: 273–289. , , , .
- 2010. Free distribution or cost-sharing? Evidence from a randomized malaria prevention experiment. Quarterly Journal of Economics CXXV: 1–45. , .
- 2010. Learning about a new technology: pineapple in Ghana. American Economic Review 100: 35–69. , .
- 2010. Malaria infection and disease in an area with pyrethroid-resistant vectors in southern Benin. Malaria Journal 9: 380. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. The Analysis of Household Surveys. Johns Hopkins University Press: Baltimore. .
- 2009. What matters (and what does not) in households’ decision to invest in malaria prevention? American Economic Review 99: 224–230. .
- 1993. Rules of thumb for social learning. Journal of Political Economy 101: 612–643. , .
- 2011. A new world malaria map: plasmodium falciparum endemicity in 2010. Malaria Journal 10: 1475–2875. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Crime and social interactions. Quarterly Journal of Economics CXI: 507–548. , , .
- 2003. The social multiplier. Journal of the European Economic Association 1: 345–353. , , .
- 2002. Non-market interactions. Advances in economics and econometrics: theory and applications, Eighth World Congress of the Econometric Society. , .
- 1999. The evidence base on the cost-effectiveness of malaria control, measures in Africa. Health Policy and Planning 14: 301–312. , .
- 2008. Identifying social interactions through conditional variance restrictions. Econometrica 76: 643–660. .
- 2005. Identification and estimation of the linear-in-means model of social interactions. Economics Letters 88: 1–6. , .
- 2004. Insecticide-treated bed nets and curtains for preventing malaria. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2: 1–57. .
- 1999. Bootstrap variance estimation of nonlinear functions of parameters: an application to long-run elasticities of energy demand. Review of Economics and Statistics 81: 728–733. , .
- 1993. Identification of endogenous social effects: the reflection problem. Review of Economic Studies 60: 531–542. .
- Malaria Atlas Project (MAP). Available from www.map.ox.ac.uk.
- 2013), ‘Malaria prevalence, indoor residual spraying, and insecticide-treated net usage in Sub-Saharan Africa’, Working paper series, Paris School of Economics. No 2013-40. , , (
- Roll Back Malaria (RBM) Partnership. 2010. World Malaria Day 2010: Africa Update. RBM Progress and Impact Series No 2.
- 2012. The changing limits and incidence of malaria in Africa: 1939–2009. Advances in Parasitology 78: 169–262. , , , , .
- 2013), ‘What are we weighting for?’ Working paper, Michigan State University. , , (
- 2003. The cost-effectiveness of permethrin-treated bednets in an area of intense malaria transmission in western Kenya. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 68: 61–67. , , , , , , .
- World Health Organization (WHO). 2012. World Malaria Report. Available at http://www.who.int/malaria/publications/world_malaria_report_2012/en/index.html (Accessed on April 9, 2014).