The role of liver biopsy in chronic hepatitis C
Article first published online: 10 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2002 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Supplement: National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference
Volume 36, Issue Supplement 1, pages S152–S160, November 2002
How to Cite
Dienstag, J. L. (2002), The role of liver biopsy in chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology, 36: S152–S160. doi: 10.1002/hep.1840360720
- Issue published online: 10 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 10 FEB 2006
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: N01-DK-9-2319
- General Clinical Research Center. Grant Number: M01RR01066
- 4for the Royal College of Physicians of London, British Society of Gastroenterology. Clinical guidelines on the management of hepatitis C. Gut 2001; 49 (Suppl 1): il–i21., , ,
- 5Centers for Disease Control, United States Public Health Service. Recommendations for prevention and control of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and HCV-related chronic disease. MMWR Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 1998; 47: 1–39.
- 6Core Working Party, Asia-Pacific Consensus on Hepatitis B and C. Consensus statements on the prevention and management of hepatitis B and hepatitis C in the Asia-Pacific region. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2000; 15: 825–841.
- 13for the International Hepatitis Interventional Therapy Group. Watchful waiting with periodic liver biopsy versus immediate empirical therapy for histologically mild chronic hepatitis C: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Ann Intern Med 2000; 133: 665–675, ,
- 22Randomised trial of interferon α2b plus ribavirin for 48 weeks or for 24 weeks versus interferon α2b plus placebo for 48 weeks for treatment of chronic infection with hepatitis C virus. International Hepatitis Interventional Therapy Group (IHIT). Lancet 1998; 352: 1426–1432., , , , , , , et al.
- 28Predicting the liver histology in chronic hepatitis C: How good is the clinician? Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 3165–3174., , ,Direct Link:
- 29Relevance of moderate isolated thrombopenia as a strong predictive marker of cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virur (letter). Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 1657–1659., , , , , ,Direct Link:
- 32Serum aspartate but not alanine aminotransferase levels help to predict the histological features of chronic hepatitis C viral infections in adults. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 1545–1550.,Direct Link:
- 34AST/ALT ratio predicts cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Am J Gastroenterol 1998; 93: 44–48., , ,Direct Link:
- 36Need for validation of clinical decision aids: use of the AST/ALT ratio in predicting cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 2328–2332., , ,Direct Link:
- 37Serum aminorransferase levels and platelet counts as predictors of degree of fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Am J Gastronterol 2001; 96: 3142–3146., , , , ,Direct Link:
- 39A simple non-invasive scoring system for prediction of severe hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C patients [Abstract]. Hepatology 2001; 34: 230A., , ,
- 43Evaluation and optimization of a panel of serum markers for liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C patients [Abstract]. Gastroenterology 2002; 122 (Suppl 1): M1610., , , ,