Liver Failure and Liver Disease
Design and validation of a histological scoring system for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease†
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 41, Issue 6, pages 1313–1321, June 2005
How to Cite
Kleiner, D. E., Brunt, E. M., Van Natta, M., Behling, C., Contos, M. J., Cummings, O. W., Ferrell, L. D., Liu, Y.-C., Torbenson, M. S., Unalp-Arida, A., Yeh, M., McCullough, A. J. and Sanyal, A. J. (2005), Design and validation of a histological scoring system for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Hepatology, 41: 1313–1321. doi: 10.1002/hep.20701
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
A list of members of the Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Clinical Research Network is located in the Appendix.
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 12 NOV 2004
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases. Grant Numbers: 1U01DK061718, 1U01DK061728, 1U01DK061731, 1U01DK061732, 1U01DK061734, 1U01DK061737, 1U01DK061738, 5U01DK061730, 7U01DK061713, N01HR761019
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- 7The prevalence and etiology of elevated aminotransferase levels in the United States. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 960–967., , .Direct Link:
- 12The histological features of pediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2002; 36(Suppl): 412A., , , , , , et al.
- 16Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a proposal for grading and staging the histological lesions. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 2467–2474., , , , .Direct Link:
- 19Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis clinical research network. HEPATOLOGY 2003; 35: 244.
- 21Analysis of Longitudinal Data. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press, 1995., , .