Interferon alfa-2b in combination with ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in children: Efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics†
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 42, Issue 5, pages 1010–1018, November 2005
How to Cite
González-Peralta, R. P., Kelly, D. A., Haber, B., Molleston, J., Murray, K. F., Jonas, M. M., Shelton, M., Mieli-Vergani, G., Lurie, Y., Martin, S., Lang, T., Baczkowski, A., Geffner, M., Gupta, S. and Laughlin, M. (2005), Interferon alfa-2b in combination with ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in children: Efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics. Hepatology, 42: 1010–1018. doi: 10.1002/hep.20884
Potential conflict of interest: Drs. González-Peralta, Jonas, and Lurie received research grants from Schering-Plough. Dr. Molleston received research grants from Schering, Roche, and GlaxoSmithKline. Dr. Martin received research grants from Schering Canada. Drs. Baczkowski, Geffner, Gupta, and Laughlin own stock in Schering-Plough.
Members of the International Pediatric Hepatitis C Therapy Group are listed in alphabetical order in the Appendix.
- Issue published online: 25 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 2004
- Schering-Plough (Kenilworth, NJ)
- 8Randomised study of interferon alpha2b plus ribavirin for 48 weeks or for 24 weeks versus interferon alpha2b plus placebo for 48 weeks for treatment of chronic infection with hepatitis C virus. International Hepatitis Interventional Therapy Group (IHIT). Lancet 1998; 352: 1426–1432., , , , , , et al.
- 17National Center for Health Statistics. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: 2000 CDC Growth Charts: United States. Last update: 2002. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/.
- 24Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States 2001. CDC Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 51(SS04): 1–64.
- 26Single-dose pharmacokinetics of interferon alfa2b in children with chronic hepatitis C [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 1999; 30: 264A., , , , .