Article first published online: 27 SEP 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 925–935, October 2006
How to Cite
Fontana, R. J., Kleiner, D. E., Bilonick, R., Terrault, N., Afdhal, N., Belle, S. H., Jeffers, L. J., Ramcharran, D., Ghany, M. G. and Hoofnagle, J. H. (2006), Modeling hepatic fibrosis in African American and Caucasian American patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Hepatology, 44: 925–935. doi: 10.1002/hep.21335
Members of Virahep-C contributing to the study are listed in the Acknowledgment section.
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Fontana is a consultant and is on the Speakers' Bureau for Roche. Dr. Jeffers is a consultant, advises, received grants, and is on the Speakers' Bureau for Roche. He received grants from Bristol Myers Squibb. He is on the Speakers' Bureau for Schering. Dr. Afdhal received grants from EchoSens and Quest. He is a consultant and received grants from Prometheus. Dr. Afdhal is a consultant for and received grants from Schering Plough.
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUN 2006
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Roche Laboratories, Inc.. Grant Numbers: U01 DK60329, U01 DK60340, U01 DK60324, U01 DK60344, U01 DK60327, U01 DK60335, U01 DK60352, U01 DK60342, U01 DK60345, U01 DK60309, U01 DK60346, U01 DK60349, U01 DK60341
- National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) General Clinical Research Centers Program
- New York Presbyterian. Grant Number: M01 RR00645
- University of California, San Francisco. Grant Number: M02 RR000079
- University of Maryland. Grant Number: M01 RR16500
- University of Michigan. Grant Number: M01 RR000042
- University of North Carolina. Grant Number: M01 RR00046
- Intramural Research Program of the National Cancer Institute
- 3Virahep-C study group. Ethnicity and the cellular immune response in patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 (abstract). HEPATOLOGY 2004; 40(Suppl 1): 178A., , , for the
- 4Hepatitis C infection in African Americans: its natural history and histological progression. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 700–706., , .Direct Link:
- 26Serum aminotransferase levels and platelet counts a predictors of degree of fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Am J Gastrenterol 2001; 96: 3142–3146., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 27Serum aspartate but not alanine aminotransferase levels help to predict the histological features of chronic hepatitis C viral infection in adults. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 1545–1550., .Direct Link:
- 28R Development Core Team. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2004. Available at: http://www.R-project.org.
- 33Race, insulin resistance, visceral adiposity and hepatic steatosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C (abstract). HEPATOLOGY 2004; 40(Suppl 1): A643., , , , , , et al.
- 36Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease presenting with an isolated elevated alkaline phosphatase (abstract). Gastroenterology 2005; 128; T1748., .
- 37Ethnic differences in the prevalence of cryptogenic cirrhosis. Amer J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 292–298., , , .Direct Link:
- 38Determinants of the association of overweight with elevated serum alanine aminotransferase acitivity in the United States. Gastroenterology 2003; 124: 171–179., .
- 44Serum thrombopoietin levels in patients with chronic hepatitis and liver cirrhosis. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 1918–1922., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 46External validation of biochemical indices for non-invasive evaluation of liver fibrosis in HCV chronic hepatitis. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 868–873., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: