Autoimmune, Cholestatic, and Biliary Disease
Influence of ursodeoxycholic acid on the mortality and malignancy associated with primary biliary cirrhosis: A population-based cohort study†
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 1131–1137, October 2007
How to Cite
Jackson, H., Solaymani-Dodaran, M., Card, T. R., Aithal, G. P., Logan, R. and West, J. (2007), Influence of ursodeoxycholic acid on the mortality and malignancy associated with primary biliary cirrhosis: A population-based cohort study. Hepatology, 46: 1131–1137. doi: 10.1002/hep.21795
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAR 2007
- Department of Health Clinician Scientist Fellowship
- 1Ursodeoxycholic acid for primary biliary cirrhosis (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library. Volume 3. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2004., .
- 3Long-term effects of mid-dose ursodeoxycholic acid in primary biliary cirrhosis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 1529–1538., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 7Prognosis of ursodeoxycholic acid-treated patients with primary biliary cirrhosis: results of a 10-yr cohort study involving 297 patients. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 1–7., , , .Direct Link:
- 18Coeliac disease: studies of its frequency and consequence [PhD]. Nottingham: Nottingham; 2005..
- 19Office for National Statistics. Mortality Statistics: Cause 2002. Series DH2 No. 29. London, UK: The Stationery Office; 2003.
- 20Office for National Statistics. Cancer statistics registrations: registrations of cancer diagnosed in 2001, England. Series MB1 no. 32. London, UK: The Stationery Office; 2004.
- 21A comparison of the cause of death recorded in the General Practice Research Database with national mortality statistics in England and Wales. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2004; 13: S2–S3., .