The protocol registration was NCT00277862.
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 46, Issue 6, pages 1732–1740, December 2007
How to Cite
Kamal, S. M., El Kamary, S. S., Shardell, M. D., Hashem, M., Ahmed, I. N., Muhammadi, M., Sayed, K., Moustafa, A., Hakem, S. A., Ibrahiem, A., Moniem, M., Mansour, H. and Abdelaziz, M. (2007), Pegylated interferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin in patients with genotype 4 chronic hepatitis C: The role of rapid and early virologic response. Hepatology, 46: 1732–1740. doi: 10.1002/hep.21917
Potential conflict of interest: Drs. Sayed, Abdelaziz, Mansour, Moniem, Ibrahiem, Hakem, Hashem, Kamal, and Muhammadi received grants from Schering-Plough.
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAY 2007
- Schering-Plough (Kenilworth, NJ)
- Trans-European mobility scheme for university studies (TEMPUS). Grant Number: IMG 04-E.G-1096
- International Society of Infectious Diseases (United States). Grant Number: 9641
- 10Peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 4. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 1733–1737., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 11Peginterferon a-2b plus ribavirin compared with interferon a-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C in Saudi patients commonly infected with genotype 4. Liver Int 2004; 24: 568–574., , , , , , et al.
- 12Response of hepatitis C genotype-4 naive patients to 24 weeks of Peg-interferon-a2b/ribavirin or induction-dose interferon-a2b/ribavirin/amantadine: a non-randomized controlled study. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 2447–2452., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 19Applied Logistic Regression. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Wiley-Interscience; 2000..
- 20R Development Core Team. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. Available at: http://www.R-project.org. Accessed July 2007.
- 28International Hepatitis Interventional Therapy (IHIT) Group. Economic and clinical effects of evaluating rapid viral response to peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for the initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 2354–2362., , , , , for theDirect Link:
- 29Therapy a la carte is more cost-effective than standard combination therapy for treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C. Poster presented at: 57th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases; October 27-31, 2006; Boston, MA., , .