AASLD Public Policy
Acetaminophen toxicity: Changing perceptions on a social/medical issue†
Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 966–970, October 2007
How to Cite
Lee, W. M. (2007), Acetaminophen toxicity: Changing perceptions on a social/medical issue. Hepatology, 46: 966–970. doi: 10.1002/hep.21926
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Received: 4 MAY 2007
- National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Grant Number: DK U-01 58369-07
- Stephen B. Tips Fund of the Northwestern Foundation
- 1Acute Liver Failure Study Group. Results of a prospective study of acute liver failure at 17 tertiary care centers in the United States. Ann Intern Med 2002; 137: 945–54., , , , , , , and the
- 2Proceedings of the FDA NDAC meeting September 19, 2002. Testimony of Parivash Nourjah, PhD. www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/cder02.htm#NonprescriptionDrugs Lee WM. Acute liver failure in the United States. Semin Liv Dis 2003, 23: 217–26.
- 3Top 200 Generic Drugs By Units in 2006. Available at: http://www.drugtopics.com/drugtopics/data/articlestandard/drugtopics/092007/407652/article.pdf.
- 13Repeat exposure to incremental doses of acetaminophen provides protection against acetaminophen-induced lethality in mice: an explanation for high acetaminophen dosage in humans without hepatic injury. HEPATOLOGY 1999; 29: 451–463., , , , , , et al.
- 14Testimony of Dr. Sarah Erush from University of Pennsylvania at NDAC hearing, September 19, 2002, complete transcript at: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/02/transcripts/3882T1.htm.
- 15Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration 21 CFR Parts 201 and 343 [Docket No. 1977N–0094L] RIN 0910-AF36 Internal Analgesic, Antipyretic, and Anti-rheumatic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Human Use; Proposed Amendment of the Tentative Final Monograph; Required Warnings and Other Labeling. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/oc/ohrms/frbydocket.cfm.