Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 971–981, October 2007
How to Cite
Jacobson, I. M., Brown, R. S., Freilich, B., Afdhal, N., Kwo, P. Y., Santoro, J., Becker, S., Wakil, A. E., Pound, D., Godofsky, E., Strauss, R., Bernstein, D., Flamm, S., Pauly, M. P., Mukhopadhyay, P., Griffel, L. H. and Brass, C. A. (2007), Peginterferon alfa-2b and weight-based or flat-dose ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C patients: A randomized trial. Hepatology, 46: 971–981. doi: 10.1002/hep.21932
Potential conflicts of interest: Ira M. Jacobson, Schering-Plough consultant, speaker bureau, research support; Merck consultant, GlobeImmune consultant, research support, Human Genome Sciences consultant, research support; Coley consultant, research support; Gilead consultant, speaker bureau, research support; Vertex consultant, research support; Intermune consultant, research support; Intarcia consultant; Valeant consultant, research support; GlaxoSmithKline consultant; Idenix consultant, speaker bureau, research support; Novartis, consultant speaker bureau, research support; Bristol-Myers Squibb consultant, speaker bureau; Boehringer Ingelheim consultant; XTL consultant. Robert S. Brown, Jr., Schering-Plough consultant, research support, honoraria; Bradley Freilich, Schering-Plough speaker bureau, research support; Nezam Afdahl, Schering-Plough consultant, speaker bureau, research support; Paul Kwo, Schering-Plough research support; Adil E. Wakil, Schering-Plough speaker bureau, Roche speaker bureau; Steven Flamm, Schering-Plough research support; Pabak Mukhopadhyay, Louis H. Griffel, Schering-Plough employee; Clifford A. Brass, Schering-Plough employee.
Trial registration number NCT00299936, available at http://clinicaltrials.gov
See Editorial on Page 953
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Received: 24 APR 2007
- Schering-Plough Corp., Kenilworth, NJ
- 5Goncales FL Jr, et al. Peginterferon alfa–2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C virus infection. N Engl J Med 2002;347:975-982., , , , ,
- 14US Food and Drug Administration. An update on the approval of BLA 103949/5002, PEG-Intron™ (peginterferon alfa-2b) powder for injection, indicated for use alone or in combination with Rebetol (ribavirin, USP) for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in patients with compensated liver disease who have not been previously treated with interferon alfa and are at least 18 years of age. US Food and Drug Administration Web site. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/docket/ac/01/briefing/3819b1.htm. Accessed July 10, 2006.
- 15US Food and Drug Administration. Briefing materials updating information the safety and efficacy of PEGASYS® in combination with COPEGUS™ for the treatment of adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection, and to discuss questions about dosing that may result in postmarketing studies, FDA. US Food and Drug Administration Web site. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/ac/02/briefing/3909b1.htm. Accessed August 1, 2007.
- 16European Medicines Agency. Pegasys European Public Assessment Report. Scientific Discussion. European Medicines Agency Web site. Available at: http://www.emea.eu.int/humandocs/Humans/EPAR/pegasys/pegasys.htm. Accessed August 1, 2007.