Liver Failure, Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 605–612, February 2008
How to Cite
Seeff, L. B., Curto, T. M., Szabo, G., Everson, G. T., Bonkovsky, H. L., Dienstag, J. L., Shiffman, M. L., Lindsay, K. L., Lok, A. S. F., Di Bisceglie, A. M., Lee, W. M. and Ghany, M. G. (2008), Herbal product use by persons enrolled in the hepatitis C Antiviral Long-Term Treatment Against Cirrhosis (HALT-C) Trial. Hepatology, 47: 605–612. doi: 10.1002/hep.22044
Potential conflict of interest: Financial relationships of the authors with Hoffmann-La Roche Inc., are as follows: G. Szabo receives research support; G.T. Everson is a consultant, on the speaker's bureau, and receives research support; M.L. Shiffman is a consultant, on the speaker's bureau, and receives research support; K.L. Lindsay is a consultant and receives research support; A.S.F. Lok is a consultant and receives research support; A.M. Di Bisceglie is a consultant, on the speaker's bureau, and receives research support; and W.M. Lee receives research support. Authors with no financial relationships with Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. to disclose are: L.B. Seeff, T.M. Curto, H.L. Bonkovsky, J.L. Dienstag, and M.G. Ghany. Dr. Lee is a consultant for Lilly AstraZeneca. Dr. Lok is a consultant for and received grants from Schering-Plough. Dr. Lindsay is a consultant for and received grants from Valeant Pharmaceuticals. She received grants from Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Human Genome Sciences. She is also a consultant for Zymogenetics, Kendle International, and King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Dr. Shiffman received grants from Schering-Plough and Vertex. He advises and received grants from Valeant, Wyeth, and Novartis. Dr. Dienstag advises GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Metabasis Therapeutics, SciClone, Nucleonics, and Valeant. She is a consultant for Oxxon Therapeutics, ComninatoRx, and Pharmasset. She also advises and received grants from Vertex.
This is publication number 27 from the HALT-C Trial Group.
- Issue online: 26 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 16 AUG 2007
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- National Cancer Institute
- National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities
- National Center for Research Resources
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Grant Number: K24 AA13736
- Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc.
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Institutes of Health
- 5Use of complementary and alternative medicine in patients with liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 2391–2397., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 7WHO Traditional Medicine Factsheet, 2003. Available at http://ww.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs134/en/index,html. Accessed February 2, 2007.
- 22Herbal medicines for treating HIV and AIDS. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005; 3: CD003937., , .
- 53Milk thistle for alcoholic and/or hepatitis B or C liver diseases: a systematic Cochrane hepato-biliary group review with meta-analyses of randomized clinical trials. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 2583–2591., , , .Direct Link: