Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 1158–1166, April 2008
How to Cite
Krasnoff, J. B., Painter, P. L., Wallace, J. P., Bass, N. M. and Merriman, R. B. (2008), Health-related fitness and physical activity in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Hepatology, 47: 1158–1166. doi: 10.1002/hep.22137
Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of NCRR or NIH.
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2007
- General Clinical Research Center, Moffitt Hospital, University of California, San Francisco
- National Center for Research Resources (NCRR). Grant Numbers: MO1 RR-0079, UL 1 RR024131-01
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Roadmap for Medical Research
- NIH Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Clinical Research Network. Grant Number: U01 DK61738
- 1Overview: an introduction to NASH and related fatty liver diorders. In: FarrellGC, GeorgeJ, HallPM, McCullough, AJ, eds. Fatty Liver Disease: NASH and Related Disorders. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing, 2005: 23., , , .
- 4The prevalence and etiology of elevated aminotransferase levels in the United States. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 960., , .Direct Link:
- 11US Department of Health and Human Services. Physical activity and health: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 1996.
- 19American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
- 22Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a proposal for grading and staging the histological lesions. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 2467., , , , .Direct Link:
- 26Perceived exertion and pulse rate during graded exercise in various age groups. Acta Med Scand 1967; ( Suppl 472): 194., .
- 35One-year intense nutritional counseling results in histological improvement in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: a pilot study. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 1072., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 37Metabolic syndrome is associated with greater histologic severity, higher carbohydrate, and lower fat diet in patients with NAFLD. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 2247., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: