Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 1404–1411, November 2008
How to Cite
von Wagner, M., Hofmann, W. P., Teuber, G., Berg, T., Goeser, T., Spengler, U., Hinrichsen, H., Weidenbach, H., Gerken, G., Manns, M., Buggisch, P., Herrmann, E. and Zeuzem, S. (2008), Placebo-controlled trial of 400 mg amantadine combined with peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin for 48 weeks in chronic hepatitis C virus-1 infection. Hepatology, 48: 1404–1411. doi: 10.1002/hep.22483
Presented in part at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, November 2-6, 2007, Boston, MA.
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Teuber advises, is on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Essex Pharma. She is on the speakers' bureau of and received grants from Roche Pharma. She is also on the speakers' bureau of Gilead and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Drs. Berg and Spengler are on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Roche. Dr. Buggisch is on the speakers' bureau of Roche. Dr. Zeuzem is a consultant for and is on the speakers' bureau of Roche and Schering-Plough. He is on the speakers' bureau of Merz.
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2008
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUN 2008 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAY 2008
- Roche Pharma AG, Grenzach, Germany
- German Competence Network for Viral Hepatitis (Hep-Net) funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- 10Amantadine therapy for chronic hepatitis C: a dose escalation study. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 1099–1104., , , .Direct Link:
- 25A randomized controlled trial of pegylated interferon alpha-2a (40 KD) or interferon alpha-2a plus ribavirin and amantadine vs interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C. J Viral Hepat 2005; 12: 292–299., , , , , , et al.