Epidemiology of hepatitis B in the United States†
Article first published online: 27 APR 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Supplement: NIH Consensus Development Conference: Management of Hepatitis B, October 20–22, 2008 — Guest Editors: Jay H. Hoofnagle and Edward Doo
Volume 49, Issue Supplement S5, pages S28–S34, May 2009
How to Cite
Kim, W. R. (2009), Epidemiology of hepatitis B in the United States. Hepatology, 49: S28–S34. doi: 10.1002/hep.22975
Potential conflict of interest: Grants (none); Consultant (ad hoc and advisory board): Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Roche.
- Issue published online: 27 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 7 JAN 2009
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: DK-82843
- 2MurrayCJL, LopezAD, eds. The Global Burden of Disease : A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability from Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors in 1990 and Projected to 2020. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press; 1996.
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis Surveillance Report 61. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2006: 1–53.
- 13Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NHANES 2001–2002 Public Data General Release File Documentation. 2004 (cited November 19, 2006). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_01_02/general_data_release_doc.pdf.
- 14Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. 2008 (cited October 20, 2008). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/nhanes/nhanes2005-2006/lab05_06.htm.
- 18Screening for chronic hepatitis B among Asian/Pacific Islander populations–New York City, 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006; 55: 505–509.
- 19Prevalence of HBV and risk of HBV acquisition in hepatitis B screening programs in large metropolitan cities in the US [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2004; 40(Suppl): 716A., , , , , , et al.
- 21Estimated prevalence of chronic hepatitis B in foreign-born persons living in the United States by country/region of origin [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48(Suppl): 687A., , , .
- 22Viral Hepatitis. Burden of Digestive Diseases in the United States. EverhartJE, ed. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2009: 13–23..
- 23Costs of Digestive Diseases. Burden of Digestive Diseases in the United States. J.E.Everhart ed. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2009: 137–147., , , .
- 24Decline in the need for liver transplantation for end stage liver disease secondary to hepatitis B in the US. HEPATOLOGY 2007; 46(Suppl.): 238A., , , , .
- 27Rising burden of hepatitis B in the United States: Should the 'other' virus be forgotten? [Abstract] HEPATOLOGY 2002; 36(Suppl): 222A., , .