Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
Immature myeloid cells induced by a high-fat diet contribute to liver inflammation†
Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 1412–1420, November 2009
How to Cite
Deng, Z.-b., Liu, Y., Liu, C., Xiang, X., Wang, J., Cheng, Z., Shah, S. V., Zhang, S., Zhang, L., Zhuang, X., Michalek, S., Grizzle, W. E. and Zhang, H.-G. (2009), Immature myeloid cells induced by a high-fat diet contribute to liver inflammation. Hepatology, 50: 1412–1420. doi: 10.1002/hep.23148
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue online: 29 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 JUL 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 10 JAN 2009
- National Institutes of Health (NIH). Grant Numbers: RO1CA116092, ROC1CA107181, R01AT004294
- Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center (VAMC) Merit Review Grants
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- 1Obese and diabetic db/db mice develop marked liver fibrosis in a model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: role of short-form leptin receptors and osteopontin. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 2004; 287: G1035–G1043., , , , , , et al.
- 2Beyond insulin resistance: innate immunity in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 670–678., , .
- 3Innate immune response and hepatic inflammation. Semin Liver Dis 2007; 27: 339–350., , .
- 4Bone marrow-derived immune cells mediate sensitization to liver injury in a myeloid differentiation factor 88-dependent fashion. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 1342–1347., , , , , , et al.
- 5Inducible Toll-like receptor and NF-kappaB regulatory pathway expression in human adipose tissue. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2008; 16: 932–937., , , , , , et al.
- 6Modulation of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis by pattern recognition receptors in mice: the role of Toll-like receptors 2 and 4. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2005; 29: 140S–145S., , , .
- 7MyD88-dependent expansion of an immature GR-1(+)CD11b(+) population induces T cell suppression and Th2 polarization in sepsis. J Exp Med 2007; 204: 1463–1474., , , , , , et al.
- 8The critical role of Toll-like receptor (TLR) 4 in alcoholic liver disease is independent of the common TLR adapter MyD88. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 1224–1231., , , , , , et al.
- 9Critical role of toll-like receptors and the common TLR adaptor, MyD88, in induction of granulomas and liver injury. J Hepatol 2006; 45: 813–824., , , , , .
- 10Activation of invariant NKT cells by Toll-like receptor 9-stimulated dendritic cells requires type I interferon and charged glycosphingolipids. Immunity 2007; 27: 597–609., , , , , , et al.
- 11Probiotics improve high fat diet-induced hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance by increasing hepatic NKT cells. J Hepatol 2008; 49: 821–830., , .
- 12Dietary factors alter hepatic innate immune system in mice with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. HEPATOLOGY 2005; 42: 880–885., , .
- 13Nitric oxide, apoptosis and macrophage polarization during tumor progression. Nitric Oxide 2008; 19: 95–102., .
- 14Tumor exosomes inhibit differentiation of bone marrow dendritic cells. J Immunol 2007; 178: 6867–6875., , , , , , et al.
- 15IL-12 induces specific cytotoxicity against regenerating hepatocytes in vivo. Int Immunol 1999; 11: 657–665., , , , , , et al.
- 16Nitric oxide and chemically induced hepatotoxicity: beneficial effects of the liver-selective nitric oxide donor, V-PYRRO/NO. Toxicology 2005; 208: 289–297., .
- 17Direct evidence of iNOS-mediated in vivo free radical production and protein oxidation in acetone-induced ketosis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2008; 295: E456–E462., , , , , .
- 18CD1d ligation on human monocytes directly signals rapid NF-kappaB activation and production of bioactive IL-12. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2005; 102: 11811–11816., , , , .
- 19Exosomes derived from M. Bovis BCG infected macrophages activate antigen-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE 2008; 3: e2461., .
- 20Tumor-released microvesicles as vehicles of immunosuppression. Cancer Res 2007; 67: 2912–2915., , , , , .
- 21Visceral fat: a key mediator of steatohepatitis in metabolic liver disease. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 449–457., , , , , , et al.