Novel role for epidermal growth factor-like domain 7 in metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma†
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 50, Issue 6, pages 1839–1850, December 2009
How to Cite
Wu, F., Yang, L.-Y., Li, Y.-F., Ou, D.-P., Chen, D.-P. and Fan, C. (2009), Novel role for epidermal growth factor-like domain 7 in metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology, 50: 1839–1850. doi: 10.1002/hep.23197
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 AUG 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAR 2009
- National Key Technologies R and D Program of China. Grant Numbers: 2001BA703B04, 2004BA703B02
- National Keystone Basic Research Program of China. Grant Number: 2004CB720303
- National High Technology Research and Development Program of China. Grant Number: 2006AA02Z4B2
- National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China. Grant Number: 30328028
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 30571826
- Clinical Subjects' Key Project of Ministry of Health (2007–2009)
- National Science & Technology Major Projects. Grant Number: 2009ZX09103-681
- 1Global cancer statistics, 2002. CA Cancer J Clin 2005; 55: 74–108., , , .
- 2Sorafenib in liver cancer—just the beginning. N Engl J Med 2008; 359: 420–422..
- 3Hepatocellular carcinoma: current surgical management. Gastroenterology 2004; 127: S248–S260., , .
- 4Prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma: comparison of 7 staging systems in an American cohort. HEPATOLOGY 2005; 41: 707–716., , , , , , et al.
- 5Management of hepatocellular carcinoma. HEPATOLOGY 2005; 42: 1208–1236., .
- 6Hepatocellular carcinoma pathogenesis: from genes to environment. Nat Rev Cancer 2006; 6: 674–687., .
- 7Cell migration in tumors. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2005; 17: 559–564., , .
- 8Regulation of cancer cell motility through actin reorganization. Cancer Sci 2005; 96: 379–386., , .
- 9Dissemination and growth of cancer cells in metastatic sites. Nat Rev Cancer 2002; 2: 563–572., , .
- 10Predicting hepatitis B virus-positive metastatic hepatocellular carcinomas using gene expression profiling and supervised machine learning. Nat Med 2003; 9: 416–423., , , , , , et al.
- 11KAI1 gene suppresses invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma MHCC97-H cells in vitro and in animal models. Liver Int 2008; 28: 132–139., , , , , .
- 12P21-activated protein kinase is overexpressed in hepatocellular carcinoma and enhances cancer metastasis involving c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase activation and paxillin phosphorylation. Cancer Res 2007; 67: 3601–3608., , , , , .
- 13Inhibition of invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via targeting RhoC in vitro and in vivo. Clin Cancer Res 2008; 14: 6804–6812., , , , .
- 14Genomic analysis reveals RhoC as a potential marker in hepatocellular carcinoma with poor prognosis. Br J Cancer 2004; 90: 2349–2355., , , , , , et al.
- 15Molecular mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinoma. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 2047–2063., , .
- 16Molecular targeted therapies in hepatocellular carcinoma. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 1312–1327., .
- 17VE-statin, an endothelial repressor of smooth muscle cell migration. EMBO J 2003; 22: 5700–5011., , , , , , et al.
- 18Egfl7, a novel epidermal growth factor-domain gene expressed in endothelial cells. Dev Dyn 2004; 230: 316–324., , , .
- 19The endothelial-cell-derived secreted factor Egfl7 regulates vascular tube formation. Nature 2004; 428: 754–758., , , , , , et al.
- 20EGFL7 regulates the collective migration of endothelial cells by restricting their spatial distribution. Development 2007; 134: 2913–2923., , , , , , et al.
- 21EGFL7 is a chemoattractant for endothelial cells and is up-regulated in angiogenesis and arterial injury. Am J Pathol 2005; 167: 275–284., , , , , , et al.
- 22New concepts regarding focal adhesion kinase promotion of cell migration and proliferation. J Cell Biochem 2006; 99: 35–52., , , .
- 23Five distinct biological processes and 14 differentially expressed genes characterize TEL/AML1-positive leukemia. BMC Genomics 2007; 8: 385., , , , , , et al.
- 24Deregulated expression of miR-106a predicts survival in human colon cancer patients. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2008; 47: 794–802., , , , , , et al.
- 25Decreased expression of inhibitor of growth 4 correlated with poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009; 18: 409–416., , , , .
- 26Decreased expression of methyl methansulfonate and UV sensitive gene clone 81 is related to poor prognosis of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer 2008; 112: 2002–2010., , , , , .
- 27Increased expression of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein family verprolin-homologous protein 2 correlated with poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 2006; 12: 5673–5679., , , , , .
- 28The hepatitis B virus X protein promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis by upregulation of matrix metalloproteinases. Int J Cancer 2007; 120: 1208–1214., , , .
- 29RhoC is essential for angiogenesis induced by hepatocellular carcinoma cells via regulation of endothelial cell organization. Cancer Sci 2008; 99: 2012–2018., , , , .
- 30The growth and metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma xenografts are inhibited by small interfering RNA targeting to the subunit ATP6L of proton pump. Cancer Res 2005; 65: 6843–6849., , , , , , et al.
- 31Correlation between CD105 expression and postoperative recurrence and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer 2006; 6: 110., , , .
- 32Stepwise metastatic human hepatocellular carcinoma cell model system with multiple metastatic potentials established through consecutive in vivo selection and studies on metastatic characteristics. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2004; 130: 460–468., , , , , , et al.
- 33Gefitinib, an EGFR inhibitor, prevents hepatocellular carcinoma development in the rat liver with cirrhosis. HEPATOLOGY 2005; 41: 307–314., , , , , , et al.
- 34Expression of EGFL7 in primordial germ cells and in adult ovaries and testes. Gene Expr Patterns 2008; 8: 389–396., , , , .
- 35Proteomic signature corresponding to alpha fetoprotein expression in liver cancer cells. HEPATOLOGY 2004; 40: 609–617., , , , , .
- 36Prospective analysis of risk factors for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with liver cirrhosis. HEPATOLOGY 2003; 37: 520–527., , , , , , et al.
- 37Difference in tumor invasiveness in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma fulfilling the Milan criteria treated by resection and transplantation: impact on long-term survival. Ann Surg 2007; 245: 51–58., , , , .
- 38Knockdown of c-Met by adenovirus-delivered small interfering RNA inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma growth in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther 2005; 4: 1577–1584., , , , , , et al.
- 39Focal adhesion kinase: the first ten years. J Cell Sci 2003; 116: 1409–1416..
- 40FAK expression regulation and therapeutic potential. Adv Cancer Res 2008; 101: 45–61., .
- 41FAK integrates growth-factor and integrin signals to promote cell migration. Nat Cell Biol 2000; 2: 249–256., , , , , , et al.