fax: +44 (0) 131 242 6629.
Generation of functional human hepatic endoderm from human induced pluripotent stem cells†
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 329–335, January 2010
How to Cite
Sullivan, G. J., Hay, D. C., Park, I.-H., Fletcher, J., Hannoun, Z., Payne, C. M., Dalgetty, D., Black, J. R., Ross, J. A., Samuel, K., Wang, G., Daley, G. Q., Lee, J.-H., Church, G. M., Forbes, S. J., Iredale, J. P. and Wilmut, I. (2010), Generation of functional human hepatic endoderm from human induced pluripotent stem cells. Hepatology, 51: 329–335. doi: 10.1002/hep.23335
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Daley is a consultant for and advises MPM Capital, Pierian, Epizyme, and Solasia.
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 SEP 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 31 JUL 2009
- Scottish Funding Council
- RCUK Fellowship
- MRC programme
- 1Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors. Nature 2008; 451: 141–146., , , , , , et al.
- 2Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell 2007; 131: 861–872., , , , , , et al.
- 3Human induced pluripotent stem cells free of vector and transgene sequences. Science 2007; 318: 1917–1920., , , , , , et al.
- 4Progress and fuure challenges in stem cell-derived liver technologies. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 2009; 297: G241–G248., , , .
- 5Highly efficient differentiation of hESCs to functional hepatic endoderm requires ActivinA and Wnt3a signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2008; 105: 12301–12306., , , , , , et al.
- 6Targeted and genome-scale strategies reveal gene-body methylation signatures in human cells. Nat Biotechnol 2009; 27: 361–368., , , , , , et al.
- 7Disease-specific induced pluripotent stem cells. Cell 2008; 134: 877–886., , , , , , et al.
- 8Teratoma formation by human embryonic stem cells is site-dependent and enhanced by the presence of Matrigel. Stem Cells Dev 2009; 18: 47–54., , , , , , et al.
- 9Isolation and characterization of type IV procollagen, laminin, and heparan sulfate proteoglycan from the EHS sarcoma. Biochemistry 1982; 21: 6188–6193., , , , , .
- 10Induction and monitoring of definitive and visceral endoderm differentiation of mouse ES cells. Nat Biotechnol 2005; 23: 1542–1550., , , , , , et al.
- 11Expression of the liver-specific gene Cyp7a1 reveals hepatic differentiation in embryoid bodies derived from mouse embryonic stem cells. Genes Cells 2004; 9: 1297–1308., , , , , , et al.
- 12The generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for cell surface molecules expressed on early mouse endoderm. Stem Cells 2009; 27: 2103–2113., , , , , , et al.