Prevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen among refugees entering the United States between 2006 and 2008†
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 431–434, February 2010
How to Cite
Rein, D. B., Lesesne, S. B., O'Fallon, A. and Weinbaum, C. M. (2010), Prevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen among refugees entering the United States between 2006 and 2008. Hepatology, 51: 431–434. doi: 10.1002/hep.23353
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 SEP 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUN 2009
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Division of Viral Hepatitis. Grant Numbers: 200-2003-02489, Task Order 7
- 1World Health Organization. Immunization, vaccines and biologicals, hepatitis B. Available at: http://www.who.int/immunization/topics/hepatitis_b/en/index.html. Accessed November 11, 2008.
- 3Expanded Programme on Immunization of the Department of Vaccines and Biologicals. Introduction of hepatitis B vaccine into childhood immunization services management guidelines, including information for health workers and parents. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2001.
- 4Recommendations for identification and public health management of persons with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. MMWR Recomm Rep 2008; 57: 1–20., , , , , , et al.
- 5Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Screening for hepatitis B virus infection among refugees arriving in the United States, 1979–1991. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1991; 40: 784–786.
- 6Probable inference, the law of succession, and statistical inference. J Am Stat Assoc 1927; 22: 209–212..
- 7World Health Organization. Myanmar, in review of the current situation of hepatitis B and the progress in the introduction of hepatitis B vaccine in the South-East Asia Region. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2007.
- 9Ensayo de campo de la vacuna recombinante cubana contra hepatitis B (Heberbiovac HB). Estudio en recién nacidos hijos de madres HBsAg positivas. Revista Cubana Medical Tropical 1992; 44: 149–157., , , , .
- 10Estimated prevalence of chronic hepatitis B in foreign-born persons living in the United States by country/region of origin. Presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. San Francisco, CA; 2008., , , .
- 11Living in provisional normality: the living conditions of Palestinian refugees in the host countries of the Middle East. In: Brynen R, El-Rifai R, eds. Palestinian refugees: challenges of repatriation and development. New York: I. B. Tauris, International Development Research Centre; 2007: 29–45., .
- 13US Census Bureau. International Data Base: world population by age and sex. Available at: http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb/index.php. Accessed September 22, 2009.