Contemporary clinical research of traditional Chinese medicines for chronic hepatitis B in China: An analytical review†
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 690–698, February 2010
How to Cite
Zhang, L., Wang, G., Hou, W., Li, P., Dulin, A. and Bonkovsky, H. L. (2010), Contemporary clinical research of traditional Chinese medicines for chronic hepatitis B in China: An analytical review. Hepatology, 51: 690–698. doi: 10.1002/hep.23384
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Bonkovsky is a consultant for and advises Boehringer-Ingelheim, and Novartis. He advises and is on the speakers' bureau of Lundbeck Pharma. He received grants from Hoffman-LaRoche, Merck, and Vertex.
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 OCT 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAY 2009
- China Scholarship Council
- American College of Gastroenterology
- The Fund for Liver, Digestive, and Metabolic Disease Research of Carolinas Medical Center
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: R01 DK 38825
- 2China has 120m hepatitis B carriers. China Daily, September 1, 2007..
- 3Blood pressure is most lethal in poor and middle-income countries. The New York Times, May 6, 2008..
- 6The effect of Huang Qi extract on anti-hepatitis B virus in vitro [in Chinese]. Journal of Anhui Medical University 2003; 38: 267–269., , .
- 7Inhibition of extracts of five Chinese traditional medicines on DHBV-RT-DNAP in vitro [in Chinese]. Special Journal Pharmacy of People's Mil Surg 1997; 13: 71–73., , , , .
- 8In vitro study of the anti-HBV activity of astragalus [in Chinese]. Guangdong Medical Journal 2008; 29: 37–38., .
- 9Study on the preparation of astragals polysaccharides and the treatment in hepatitis [in Chinese]. Journal of Pharmicol and Biologic Technology 1995; 2: 26–28., , .
- 10Study on the effects of chemistry and pharmacology in Polygonum cuspidatum [in Chinese]. Journal of Chinese Crude Drug 1993; 16: 42., .
- 11The treatment of neonate jaundice in 88 cases with the combination of traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine [in Chinese]. National Medicine Forum 2001; 16: 44., , .
- 12The protective effect of resveratrol on rat hepatocytes injured by CCL4 in vitro [in Chinese]. Journal of Pharmacology China 1998; 14: 543., , .
- 13Inhibitory effect of resveratrol and its derivatives on HBV in vitro [in Chinese]. China Pharmacology Journal 2005; 40: 1904–1906., , , , , .
- 16Inhibition of hepatitis B virus by emodin and astragalus polysaccharides in vitro [in Chinese]. Journal of Xian Jiaotong University (Medical Sciences) 2007; 28: 521–525., , , , , .
- 18The inhibitive effects of the ethanol extract from Radix et Rhizoma Rhei on the secretion of HBsAg and HBeAg [in Chinese]. Journal of Chinese Crude Drug 2004; 27: 419–421., , , , , , et al.
- 22Use of complementary and alternative medicine in patients with liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 2391–2397., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: