Article first published online: 23 DEC 2009
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 1176–1184, April 2010
How to Cite
Awad, T., Thorlund, K., Hauser, G., Stimac, D., Mabrouk, M. and Gluud, C. (2010), Peginterferon alpha-2a is associated with higher sustained virological response than peginterferon alfa-2b in chronic hepatitis C: Systematic review of randomized trials. Hepatology, 51: 1176–1184. doi: 10.1002/hep.23504
This review was published previously as an AASLD 2009 abstract in HEPATOLOGY.
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 DEC 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2009
- Cochrane Hepato-Biliary Group, Copenhagen Trial Unit, Center for Clinical Intervention Research, Copenhagen University Hospital
- 7Therapy and validity: surprising results of randomized controlled trials. In: GuyattG and RennieD, eds. Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice. Chicago: AMA Press; 2002: 247–265., .
- 102008. Available at: www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed 28 May 2009., . Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.0.0 [updated February 2008]. The Cochrane Colloboration,
- 11Pegylated interferon alpha 2a versus pegylated interferon alpha 2b for chronic hepatitis C. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009; 1: CD005642., , , , , .
- 19Efficacy and safety of peginterferon alfa-2a or -2b plus ribavirin in the routine daily treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients in Germany: the practice study: Abstracts of the 43rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 315., , , , , , et al.
- 20Randomized, open label trial comparing efficacy and safety of pegylated interferon alfa 2A vs alfa 2B treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C infected with non 2/3 genotypes-12 week virological response analysis. HEPATOLOGY 2005; 42( Suppl.): S1., , , , .
- 23Relevance between fibrosis and response to treatment with peginterferon alfa2a vs alfa2b with ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C genotype 3 patients. Randomized open label study. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 1278., , , .
- 24Randomized trial comparing pegylated interferon alpha-2b versus pegylated interferon alpha-2a, both plus ribavirin, to treat chronic hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus patients. HEPATOLOGY 2009; 49: 22–31., , , , , , et al.
- 28A randomized prospective clinical trial comparing pegylated interferon alpha 2a/ribavirin versus pegylated interferon alpha 2b/ribavirin in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 237., , , , .
- 29The efficacy of pegylated interferon alpha 2a or 2b plus ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C patients. Turk J Gastroenterol 2006; 17: 94–98., , , .
- 35Publication bias in clinical trials due to statistical significance or direction of trial results. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009; 1: MR000006., , , , .
- 42World Health Organization. International Clinical Trials Registry Platform (ICTRP) 2009. Available at: www.who.int/ictrp/en/. Accessed 13 May 2009.