Interferon-lambda genotype and low serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection†
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 51, Issue 6, pages 1904–1911, June 2010
How to Cite
Li, J. H., Qian Lao, X., Tillmann, H. L., Rowell, J., Patel, K., Thompson, A., Suchindran, S., Muir, A. J., Guyton, J. R., Gardner, S. D., McHutchison, J. G. and McCarthy, J. J. (2010), Interferon-lambda genotype and low serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection. Hepatology, 51: 1904–1911. doi: 10.1002/hep.23592
Potential conflict of interest: Study collaborators Arlene Hughes and Michael Mosteller and co-author Stephen Gardner are employed by GlaxoSmithKline. Dr. Thompson is a consultant for Schering-Plough. Dr. McHutchison received grants from Echosers, Idera Pharmaceutical, Intarcia, Medtronic, Osiris Therapeutics, Three Rivers Pharmaceuticals, and ViroChem Pharma. He is a consultant for and received grants from Abbott Laboratories, Biolex, Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, GlobeImmune, Hoffman-LaRoche, Human Genome Sciences, Intarcia, Merck Group, Novartis, Pfizer, Pharmasset, and Vertex. He is also a consultant for Anadys, Avila, Epiphany Biosciences, and iTheRx.
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 FEB 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 4 DEC 2009
- David H. Murdock Institute for Business and Culture
- National Center for Research Resources. Grant Number: RR024128-01
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) and NIH Roadmap for Medical Research
- Duke Clinical Research Institute, a generous research gift from the Richard B. Boebel Family Fund
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia
- Gastroenterology Society of Australia
- NIH Training. Grant Number: T32-DK007012-31
- 16Predictive factors of early and sustained responses to peginterferon plus ribavirin combination therapy in Japanese patients infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 1b: amino acid substitutions in the core region and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. J Hepatol 2007; 46: 403-410., , , , , , et al.
- 23Apolipoprotein B-associated cholesterol is a determinant of treatment outcome in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection receiving anti-viral agents interferon-alpha and ribavirin. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009; 29: 1282-1290., , , , , , et al.
- 41Relationship of the use of statins and elevated low density liporprotein (LDL) or total cholesterol (TC) to virologic response in patients treated for hepatitis C virus (HCV) in the IDEAL study [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2009; 50( Suppl.): 360A., , , , , , et al.