These authors contributed equally to this work.
Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
The association of genetic variability in patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) with histological severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease†
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 894–903, September 2010
How to Cite
Rotman, Y., Koh, C., Zmuda, J. M., Kleiner, D. E., Liang, T. J. and the NASH CRN (2010), The association of genetic variability in patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) with histological severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Hepatology, 52: 894–903. doi: 10.1002/hep.23759
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2010
- The Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Clinical Research Network (NASH CRN)
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). Grant Numbers: U01DK061718, U01DK061728, U01DK061731, U01DK061732, U01DK061734, U01DK061737, U01DK061738, U01DK061730, U01DK061713
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD);
- Several clinical centers use support from General Clinical Research Centers or Clinical and Translational Science Awards in conduct of NASH CRN Studies. Grant Numbers: UL1RR024989, M01RR000750, M01RR00188, UL1RR02413101, M01RR000827, UL1RR02501401, M01RR000065, M01RR020359
- Intramural programs of NIDDK and the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- 6Ethnic differences in the prevalence of cryptogenic cirrhosis. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 292-298., , , .Direct Link:
- 8Ninety patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: insulin resistance, familial tendency, and severity of disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 2957-2961., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 9www.genome.gov/gwastudies. Accessed May 2010., , , . A catalog of published genome-wide association studies.
- 20Portal chronic inflammation in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD): a histologic marker of advanced NAFLD-Clinicopathologic correlations from the nonalcoholic steatohepatitis clinical research network. HEPATOLOGY 2009; 49: 809-820., , , , , , et al.
- 23WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study Group. The WHO Child Growth Standards: Length/Height-for-Age, Weight-for-Age, Weight-for-Length, Weight-for-Height, and Body Mass Index-for-Age: Methods and Development. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2006.
- 25Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing. J R Stat Soc Series B Stat Methodol 1995; 57: 289-300., .
- 41The control of the false discovery rate in multiple testing under dependency. Ann Stat 2001; 29: 1165-1188., .