Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 975–986, September 2010
How to Cite
Zhang, Z., Oyesanya, R. A., Campbell, D. J. W., Almenara, J. A., DeWitt, J. L. and Sirica, A. E. (2010), Preclinical assessment of simultaneous targeting of epidermal growth factor receptor (ErbB1) and ErbB2 as a strategy for cholangiocarcinoma therapy. Hepatology, 52: 975–986. doi: 10.1002/hep.23773
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This work was presented at “NCI Translates”, National Cancer Institute's second annual Translation Science Meeting held in Vienna, VA, November 5-7, 2009. Sirica AE, Zhang Z, Campbell DJW. Preclinical assessment of dual ErbB1/ErbB2 targeting in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. In: NCI Translates–NCI Translational Science Meeting 2009 Abstract Book. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute. Abstract #36
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Received: 5 JAN 2010
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: R01 CA 83650, R01 CA 39225
- 6Celecoxib acts in a cyclooxygenase-2-independent manner and in synergy with emodin to suppress rat cholangiocarcinoma growth in vitro through a mechanism involving enhanced Akt inactivation and increased activation of caspases -9 and -3. Mol Cancer Ther 2003; 2: 265-271., , .
- 9Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1996.
- 11Novel targeted approaches to treating biliary tract cancer: the dual epidermal growth factor receptor and ErbB-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor NVP-AEE788 is more efficient than the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors gefitinib and erlotinib. Anticancer Drugs 2006; 17: 783-795., , , , , , et al.
- 15HER receptor family: novel candidate for targeted therapy for gallbladder and extrahepatic bile duct cancer. Gastrointest Cancer Res 2007; 1: 221-227., , , , , , et al.
- 27Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor, ErbB2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in hepatolithiasis and cholangiocarcinoma. Korean J Gastroenterol 2005; 45: 52-59., , , , , , et al.