Article first published online: 1 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 886–893, September 2010
How to Cite
Chang, T.-T., Liaw, Y.-F., Wu, S.-S., Schiff, E., Han, K.-H., Lai, C.-L., Safadi, R., Lee, S. S., Halota, W., Goodman, Z., Chi, Y.-C., Zhang, H., Hindes, R., Iloeje, U., Beebe, S. and Kreter, B. (2010), Long-term entecavir therapy results in the reversal of fibrosis/cirrhosis and continued histological improvement in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology, 52: 886–893. doi: 10.1002/hep.23785
Hui Zhang, Robert Hindes, Uchenna Iloeje, Suzanne Beebe, and Bruce Kreter are employees of Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. Shun-Sheng Wu, Rifaat Safadi, and Waldemar Halota have no major conflicts of interest. Ting-Tsung Chang reports research funding from Gilead Sciences, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Schering-Plough Corp., and Pfizer, Inc., and speech honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Schering-Plough. Yun-Fan Liaw is a consultant to Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, and Roche and also has grant/research support from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, Roche, and Gilead Sciences. Eugene Schiff is a member of the scientific advisory boards for Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Conatus, Evivar, Gilead, GlobeImmune, Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Merck, Novartis/Idenix, Roche Molecular, Schering-Plough, and Vertex Pharmaceuticals and is a member of the data and safety monitoring boards for Daiichi-Sankyo, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi Aventis, and Wyeth. Eugene Schiff has also received grant/research support (including clinical trials) from Abbott, Boehring Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Conatus, Debio Pharm, Gilead, GlobeImmune, Idenix, Labcore, Merck, Novartis/Idenix, Roche Diagnostics, Roche Molecular, Roche Pharmaceutical, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi Aventis, Schering-Plough, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth and is a member of the speaker bureaus of Gilead Sciences and Schering-Plough. Kwang-Hyub Han has received a clinical research grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb. Ching-Lung Lai has received fees for consulting and speaking from Bristol-Myers Squibb and is a member of the Bristol-Myers Squibb global advisory board. Samuel S. Lee reports consulting fees, research grants, and speaker honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb. Zachary Goodman has received grant support from Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Gilead Sciences, Schering-Plough, Novartis, and New England Research Institutes.
Potential conflict of interest: This study was sponsored by the Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute. The sponsor collated the data, monitored the study conduct, performed the statistical analysis, and coordinated the writing of the article with the authors. Dr. Lee is a consultant for, advises, is on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Roche. He is also a consultant for, is on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Gilead. Drs. Iloege and Kreter own stock in Bristol-Myers Squibb. Dr. Chang received grants from Gilead, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and GlaxoSmithKline. Dr. Goodman received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, and Novartis.
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2009
- 5Past HBV viral load as predictor of mortality and morbidity from HCC and chronic liver disease in a prospective study. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 1797-1803., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 31Efficacy and safety of 3 years treatment with entecavir in Japanese nucleoside-naive patients with chronic hepatitis B [Abstract]. Hepatol Int 2008; 2: A97-A98., , , , , , et al.
- 32Entecavir at five years shows long-term maintenance of high genetic barrier to hepatitis B virus resistance [Abstract]. Hepatol Int 2008; 2: A88-A89., , , , , , et al.
- 33Five years of continuous entecavir for nucleoside-naive HBeAg(+) chronic hepatitis B: results from study ETV-901 [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48( Suppl 1): 705A-706A., , , , , , et al.
- 34Three years of entecavir re-treatment of HBeAg(-) entecavir patients who previously discontinued entecavir therapy: results from study ETV-901 [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48( Suppl 1): 722A-723A., , , , , , et al.
- 38Efficacy and safety of entecavir in patients with chronic hepatitis B and advanced hepatic fibrosis or cirrhosis. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 2776-2783., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: