Role and cellular source of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase in hepatic fibrosis†
Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1420–1430, October 2010
How to Cite
De Minicis, S., Seki, E., Paik, Y.-H., Österreicher, C. H., Kodama, Y., Kluwe, J., Torozzi, L., Miyai, K., Benedetti, A., Schwabe, R. F. and Brenner, D. A. (2010), Role and cellular source of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase in hepatic fibrosis. Hepatology, 52: 1420–1430. doi: 10.1002/hep.23804
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue online: 11 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2009
- Alimenti e Salute grant from the University of Ancona and the American Liver Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases/American Liver Foundation Liver Scholar Award
- Austrian Science Fund Research Fellowship
- American Gastroenterology Association Fellowship-to-Faculty Transition Award
- MIUR grant 2007. Grant Number: prot. 2007HPT7BA_002
- National Institutes of Health grant. Grant Number: R01DK072237
Additional Supporting Information may be found in the online version of this article.
|HEP_23804_sm_SuppFig1.tif||3275K||Supporting Information Figure 1. ROS expression in different liver cell types after chronic CCl4 treatment: Liver fibrosis was induced by 16 injections (every 3 days) of CCl4. (A-C) Double immunofluorescence staining for 4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE) (red fluorescence, upper panel) and (A) F4/80 (KC), (B) αSMA (HSC) or (C) Pan-cytokeratin (HEP) (all green fluorescence, middle panel). The liver sections were from CCl4-treated mice. Arrow head indicates double positive cells. v, vessel lumens. Original magnification, x200. Magnification of the inset, x400.|
|HEP_23804_sm_SuppFig2.tif||3563K||Supporting Information Figure 2. ROS generation in Kupffer cells and stellate cells in WT and NOX-deficient (p47phox KO) mice fed an MCD diet: (A-D) Double immunofluorescence staining for 4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE) (red fluorescence, upper panel) and (A, C) F4/80 (KC) or (B, D) αSMA (HSC) (all green fluorescence, middle panel). The liver sections were from (A-D) WT and NOX-deficient mice fed an MCD diet for 10 weeks. Closed and open arrow heads indicate double positive cells and ROS negative cells, respectively. v, vessel lumens. Original magnification, x200. Magnification of the inset, x400.|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.