These authors contributed equally to this work.
Liver Failure/Cirrhosis/Portal Hypertension
Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1360–1370, October 2010
How to Cite
Asrani, S. K., Leise, M. D., West, C. P., Murad, M. H., Pedersen, R. A., Erwin, P. J., Tian, J., Wiesner, R. H. and Kim, W. R. (2010), Use of sirolimus in liver transplant recipients with renal insufficiency: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Hepatology, 52: 1360–1370. doi: 10.1002/hep.23835
This study was supported by a grant from the National Institutes of Health (R01DK-34238 to W. Ray Kim) and by a digestive diseases training grant from the National Institutes of Health (T32 DK07198 to Sumeet K. Asrani).
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue online: 16 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 23 APR 2010
- 5Immunosuppression and modulation in liver transplantation. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2004; 19( Suppl 4): 22-25., , , .
- 9Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm165015.htm. Accessed June 2010.
- 14http://www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed June 2010., . Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions, version 5.0.2 [updated September 2009].
- 15http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.htm. Accessed June 2010., , , , , , et al. The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses.
- 21Application of rapamycin in liver transplant patients with acute kidney malfunction [in Chinese]. World Chin J Dig 2006; 14: 2974-2976., , , , , , et al.
- 22A randomized, open-label, comparative evaluation of conversion from calcineurin inhibitor treatment to sirolimus treatment versus continued calcineurin inhibitor treatment in liver allograft recipients undergoing maintenance therapy. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00086346. Accessed June 2010.
- 23A randomized, open-label study of the effect of a long-term calcineurin inhibitor-free maintenance regimen with CellCept and sirolimus on preservation of renal function and prevention of acute rejection in recipients of an orthotopic liver transplant. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00118742. Accessed June 2010.
- 26A randomized controlled trial of late conversion from calcineurin inhibitor (CNI)-based to sirolimus-based immunosuppression in liver transplant recipients with impaired renal function. Liver Transpl 2007; 13: 1694-1702., , , , , , et al.
- 31Calcineurin inhibitor (CNI) withdrawal in adult liver transplant recipients: an analysis of long term efficacy. Liver Transpl 2008; 14: S107., , , .