Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 52, Issue 5, pages 1573–1580, November 2010
How to Cite
Lam, K. D., Trinh, H. N., Do, S. T., Nguyen, T. T., Garcia, R. T., Nguyen, T., Phan, Q. Q., Nguyen, H. A., Nguyen, K. K., Nguyen, L. H. and Nguyen, M. H. (2010), Randomized controlled trial of pegylated interferon-alfa 2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive chronic hepatitis C genotype 6. Hepatology, 52: 1573–1580. doi: 10.1002/hep.23889
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Son T. D. is a consultant for and advises Gilead and Bristol-Myers Squibb; Dr. Thuan T. Nguyen is a consultant for and is on the speakers' bureau of Gilead. He is also a consultant for Bristol-Myers Squibb and Three Rivers.
Clinical Trial number: NCT 005752240
- Issue online: 29 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Received: 5 JUN 2010
- Roche Laboratories, LLC to the Pacific Health Foundation
- The sponsor had no role in data collection, analysis, drafting, or decision to publish this manuscript
- 1World Health Organization. Hepatitis C. Fact Sheet No. 164. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 1999.
- 16Higher rate of sustained virologic response in chronic hepatitis C genotype 6 treated with 48 weeks versus 24 weeks of peginterferon plus ribavirin. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 1131-1135., , , , ,Direct Link:
- 17The emerging importance of chronic hepatitis C infection in Asian Americans. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 2737-2743., , ,Direct Link:
- 19Predictive value of rapid virological response and early virological response on sustained virological response in HCV patients treated with pegylated interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2007; 22: 832-836., , , ,
- 26Factors affecting efficacy in patients with genotype 2 chronic hepatitis C treated by pegylated interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin: reducing drug doses has no impact on rapid and sustained virological responses. J Viral Hepat 2009; 17: 336-344., , , , , , et al.