Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Piratvisuth advises, serves on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Roche and Novartis. Dr. Piratvisuth advises and serves on the speakers' bureau of GlaxoSmithKline and MSD. Dr. Piratvisuth also serves on the speakers' bureau of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 1054–1055, March 2011
How to Cite
Piratvisuth, T. and Marcellin, P. (2011), Further analysis is required to identify an early stopping rule for peginterferon therapy that is valid for all hepatitis B e antigen–positive patients . Hepatology, 53: 1054–1055. doi: 10.1002/hep.24136
Dr. Marcellin serves on the speakers' bureau of, advises, and received grants from Roche, Schering Plough, and Gilead. Dr. Marcellin advises and serves on the speakers' bureau of Bristol-Myers Squibb, Vertex, Novartis, Tibotec, and Intermune. Dr. Marcellin also advises Pharmasset, MSD, Boehringer, Biolex, and Zymogenetics.
Editorial support was provided by Dr. Liesje Thomas (Elements Communications, Ltd., Westerham, United Kingdom) and was funded by F. Hoffmann-La Roche (Basel, Switzerland).
This work was supported by a research grant from F. Hoffmann-La Roche (Basel, Switzerland).
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 DEC 2010 03:59PM EST
This article has been cited by:
- You have free access to this content2
- 3How to achieve immune control in chronic hepatitis B?, Hepatology International, 2014,, ,
- 4Is It More Cost-effective for Patients With Chronic Hepatitis B to Have a Trial of Interferon Before Considering Nucleos(t)ide Analogue Therapy?, Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2014,, ,
- 5Peginterferon α in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, 2014, 14, 7, 995, , ,
- 6Baseline and On-treatment Predictors of Chronic Hepatitis B Patients Receiving Pegylated Interferon Therapy in Asia, Current Hepatitis Reports, 2013, 12, 3, 165, ,
- 7HBsAg Quantification to Predict Natural History and Treatment Outcome in Chronic Hepatitis B Patients, Clinics in Liver Disease, 2013, 17, 3, 399, , ,
- 8Hepatitis B surface antigen: association with sustained response to peginterferon alfa-2a in hepatitis B e antigen-positive patients, Hepatology International, 2013, 7, 2, 429, , , , , ,
- 9PegIFN-α2a for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B and C: a 10-year history, Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, 2013, 11, 5, 459, , , , ,
- 10Response Guided Treatment for Peginterferon in Chronic Hepatitis B, Current Hepatitis Reports, 2013, 12, 2, 88, ,
- 12Results of Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B with Pegylated Interferon, Clinics in Liver Disease, 2013, 17, 3, 425, , ,
- You have free access to this content13
- 14Asian-Pacific consensus statement on the management of chronic hepatitis B: a 2012 update, Hepatology International, 2012, 6, 3, 531, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 15Quantification de l’AgHBs : nouvel outil virologique pour la prise en charge de l’hépatite B chronique, Revue Francophone des Laboratoires, 2012, 2012, 447, 33,
- 18Hepatitis B surface antigen quantification: Why and how to use it in 2011 – A core group report, Journal of Hepatology, 2011, 55, 5, 1121, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 19Hepatitis B Virus Serology to Predict Antiviral Response in Chronic Hepatitis B, Digestion, 2011, 84, s1, 29, , ,