These authors contributed equally.
Liver Failure/Cirrhosis/Portal Hypertension
Version of Record online: 22 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 53, Issue 5, pages 1608–1617, May 2011
How to Cite
Hartmann, D., Srivastava, U., Thaler, M., Kleinhans, K. N., N'Kontchou, G., Scheffold, A., Bauer, K., Kratzer, R. F., Kloos, N., Katz, S.-F., Song, Z., Begus-Nahrmann, Y., Kleger, A., von Figura, G., Strnad, P., Lechel, A., Günes, C., Potthoff, A., Deterding, K., Wedemeyer, H., Ju, Z., Song, G., Xiao, F., Gillen, S., Schrezenmeier, H., Mertens, T., Ziol, M., Friess, H., Jarek, M., Manns, M. P., Beaugrand, M. and Rudolph, K. L. (2011), Telomerase gene mutations are associated with cirrhosis formation. Hepatology, 53: 1608–1617. doi: 10.1002/hep.24217
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Author Contributions: G.N., A.P., K.D., H.W., Z.J., G.S., F.X.,. S.G., H.S., M.Z., H.F., M.P.M., and M.B. recruited and managed patients in the study and were involved in data collection. D.H., U.S., S.F.K., Z.S., Y.B., A.K., G.F., P.S., and A.L. participated in sample preparation and data interpretation. D.H., U.S.; M.T., R.F.K., and Z.J. analyzed the sequencing data under the supervision of C.G., M.J., and K.L.R. D.H., U.S., K.N.K., A.S., K.B., R.F.K., N.K., C.G., and T.M. were involved in functional experiments. K.L.R. designed the experiments and wrote the first draft of the report. All authors were given the opportunity to comment on the drafts of the report and approved the final version before submission.
The funding organizations had no role in the design or conduct of the study, collection, management, analysis, or interpretation of the data, or preparation, review, or approval of the article
- Issue online: 22 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 FEB 2011 11:31AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 4 OCT 2010
- Else-Kröner-Fresenius Stiftung (Memorial Scholarship of Else Kröner-Fresenius Foundation)
- “Molecular Medicine” of the Hannover Biomedical Research School. Grant Number: DFG (Ru745-12)
- European Union (Telomarker, GENINCA 202230)
- 8Telomeres and telomerase in experimental liver cirrhosis. In: Chisari FV, Fausto N, Schachter D, Shafritz DA, Arias IM, Boyer JL, eds. The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001: 1001-1010., .