Potential conflict of interest: Stephen C. Strom owns stock in Stemnion, LLC.
Article first published online: 22 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 53, Issue 5, pages 1719–1729, May 2011
How to Cite
Marongiu, F., Gramignoli, R., Dorko, K., Miki, T., Ranade, A. R., Paola Serra, M., Doratiotto, S., Sini, M., Sharma, S., Mitamura, K., Sellaro, T. L., Tahan, V., Skvorak, K. J., Ellis, E. C. S., Badylak, S. F., Davila, J. C., Hines, R., Laconi, E. and Strom, S. C. (2011), Hepatic differentiation of amniotic epithelial cells. Hepatology, 53: 1719–1729. doi: 10.1002/hep.24255
17-OHPC, 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate; A1AT, α-1 anti-trypsin; BNF, β-naphtoflavone; CYP, cytochrome P450; Dex, dexamethasone; DMEM, Dulbecco's modified Eagle's medium; DPPIV, dipeptidyl peptidase type IV; ECM, extracellular matrix; EGF, epidermal growth factor; ESC, embryonic stem cell; FBS, fetal bovine serum; hAEC, human amniotic epithelial cell; FGF2, fibroblast growth factor 2; IMDM, Iscove's modified Dulbecco's medium; L-ECM, liver-derived extracellular matrix; mHep, mouse hepatocyte; mRNA, messenger RNA; PB, phenobarbital; qRT-PCR, quantitative reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction; rAEC, rat amniotic epithelial cell; RS, retrorsine; Rif, rifampicin; SCID, severe combined immunodeficient; Std, standard supplement; UGT1A, 5'-diphospho-glucuronosyltransferase 1 family, type A.
Supported in part by a grant from Pfizer, Inc. Studies with adult human liver and hepatocytes were supported in part by National Institutes of Health (NIH) Grants N01-DK-7-0004/HHSN26700700004C and RC1DK086135 (to S. C. S.). Fetal human liver tissue was provided as a service from the Laboratory of Developmental Biology at the University of Washington, which was supported by NIH Award Number 5R24HD0008836 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development. Studies with fetal human liver were supported in part by NIH Grant R01-GM081344.
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 MAR 2011 08:58AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2010
- 7Human hepatocyte isolation from cadaver donor liver. In: Gupta S, Jansen PLM, Klempnauer J, Manns MP, eds. Proceedings of Falk Symposium, Hepatocyte Transplantation. Volume 126. Lancaster, UK: Kouwer Academic Publishers; 2002: 147-158., , , , , , et al.
- 12Production of hepatocyte-like cells from human amnion. In: Dhawan A, Hughes RD, eds. Hepatocyte Transplantation. Volume 481. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press; 2008:155-168., , , , , , et al.
- 24Isolation of amniotic epithelial stem cells. Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol 2007; Chapter 1:Unit 1E 3., , , .
- 43Human Amnion Epithelial (hAE) Stem Cell Transplant Improves Disease Phenotype and Survival in the Intermediate Maple Syrup Urine Disease (iMSUD) Mouse Model. [Abstract]. Hepatology 2010; 52( suppl): 413A., , , , , , et al.