Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 53, Issue 6, pages 1801–1808, June 2011
How to Cite
Guedj, J. and Perelson, A. S. (2011), Second-phase hepatitis C virus RNA decline during telaprevir-based therapy increases with drug effectiveness: Implications for treatment duration. Hepatology, 53: 1801–1808. doi: 10.1002/hep.24272
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This work was performed under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Energy under contract DE-AC52-06NA25396, and supported by National Institutes of Health grants RR06555-19, P20-RR1875-6, AI065256-4, and AI28433-20, as well as National Science Foundation grant PHY05-51164.
- Issue online: 25 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2011 10:52AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 11 NOV 2010
- 1Hepatitis C fact sheet. Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs164/en/. Accessed July 13, 2009.
- 9Pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) of combination RG7227 and RG7128 therapy from INFORM-1 demonstrates similar early HCV viral dynamics when RG7227 is combined with either Peg-IFN/ribavirin (SoC) or RG7128 [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2009; 50: 1041A., , , , , , et al.
- 13Pharmacokinetics of VX-950, and its effect on hepatitis C viral dynamics [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2005; 42: 694A., , , , , , et al.
- 15Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-PLUS. New York, NY: Springer Verlag; 2000., .
- 20Rapid emergence of protease inhibitor resistance in hepatitis C virus. Sci Transl Med 2010; 2: 30-32., , , .
- 28Combination therapy with BMS-790052 and BMS-650032 alone or with pegIFN/RBV results in undetectable HCV RNA through 12 weeks of therapy in HCV genotype 1 null responders [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52: 877A., , .
- 29Dual, triple, and quadruple combination treatment with a protease inhibitor (GS-9256) and a polymerase inhibitor (GS-9190) alone and in combination with ribavirin (RBV) or PegIFN/RBV for up to 28 days in treatment naïve, genotype 1 HCV subjects [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52: 877A., , , , , , , et al.
- 30Strong antiviral activity and safety of IFN-sparing treatment with the protease inhibitor BI 201335, the HCV polymerase inhibitor BI 207127 and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52: 877A., , , , , , et al.
- 32Vertex provides update to ongoing phase 2 study evaluating combinations of telaprevir and VX-222 for the treatment of hepatitis C [press release]. Cambridge, MA: Vertex Pharmaceuticals. Available at: http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=538347.