Efficacy and safety of entecavir versus adefovir in chronic hepatitis B patients with hepatic decompensation: A randomized, open-label study†
Article first published online: 24 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 1, pages 91–100, July 2011
How to Cite
Liaw, Y.-F., Raptopoulou-Gigi, M., Cheinquer, H., Sarin, S. K., Tanwandee, T., Leung, N., Peng, C.-Y., Myers, R. P., Brown, R. S., Jeffers, L., Tsai, N., Bialkowska, J., Tang, S., Beebe, S. and Cooney, E. (2011), Efficacy and safety of entecavir versus adefovir in chronic hepatitis B patients with hepatic decompensation: A randomized, open-label study. Hepatology, 54: 91–100. doi: 10.1002/hep.24361
Potential conflict of interest: This study was sponsored by Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute. Professor Liaw received grant/research support from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, Roche, and Gilead Sciences and serves as a consultant to Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, and Roche. Professor Cheinquer received research grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Roche and serves on advisory boards of Bristol-Myers Squibb and Roche. Dr. Tsai serves on the speakers bureaus of Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, and Roche/Genentech; serves as a consultant to Bristol-Myers Squibb and Gilead Sciences; has received honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, and Roche/Genentech; and has received research grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Roche/Genetech, and Novartis. Dr. Peng serves on the advisory boards of Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, and Roche. S. Tang, S. Beebe, and E. Cooney are employees of Bristol-Myers Squibb. The following individuals have nothing to disclose: Professor Raptopoulou-Gigi, Dr. Sarin, Dr. Tanwandee, Professor Leung, Dr. Myers, Dr. Brown, and Dr. Jeffers.
- Issue published online: 24 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 24 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 APR 2011 08:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 2010
- 5for the Adefovir Dipivoxil Study 45 International Investigators Group. Adefovir dipivoxil for wait-listed and post-liver transplantation patients with lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B: final long-term results. Liver Transpl 2007; 13: 349-360., , , , , , et al.;
- 19Efficacy and safety of entecavir in patients with chronic hepatitis B and advanced hepatic fibrosis or cirrhosis. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 2776-2783., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 23Baraclude (entecavir) U.S. prescribing information. Princeton, NJ: Bristol-Myers Squibb; January 2009.
- 24Hepsera (adefovir dipivoxil) U.S. prescribing information. Foster City, CA: Gilead Sciences; October 2009.
- 26United Network for Organ Sharing. MELD/PELD Calculator Documentation. http://www.unos.org/docs/MELD_PELD_Calculator_Documentation.pdf. Accessed April 2011.
- 30Treatment of decompensated HBV-cirrhosis: results from 2-years randomized trial with telbivudine or lamivudine. J Hepatol 2010; 52( Suppl 1): S4., , , , , , et al.