Comments from the Editors
Distributive justice and the arrival of direct-acting antivirals: Who should be first in line?†
Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 53, Issue 6, pages 1789–1791, June 2011
How to Cite
Aronsohn, A. and Jensen, D. (2011), Distributive justice and the arrival of direct-acting antivirals: Who should be first in line?. Hepatology, 53: 1789–1791. doi: 10.1002/hep.24374
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue online: 25 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 APR 2011 07:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAR 2011
- 3First report on the antiviral efficacy of BILN 2061, a novel oral serine protease inhibitor, in patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2002; 36:Abstract 866..
- 4Boceprevir (BOC) combined with peginterferon alfa-2b/ribavirin (P/R) for treatment-naïve patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype (G) 1: SPRINT-2 final results [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( 4 Suppl.): 402A-403A., , , , , , et al.
- 5Efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 protease inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C infection (SPRINT-1): an open-label, randomised, multicentre phase 2 trial. Lancet; 376: 705-716., , , , , , , et al.
- 7Telaprevir in combination with peginterferon alfa2a and ribavirin for 24 or 48 weeks in treatment-naïve genotype 1 HCV patients who achieved an extended rapid viral response: Final results of phase 3 ILLUMINATE study [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( 4 Suppl.): 401A-402A., , , , , , et al.
- 8Bini EJ, Brau N, Currie S, Shen H, Anand BS, Hu KQ, Jeffers L, et al. Prospective multicenter study of eligibility for antiviral therapy among 4,084 U.S. veterans with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Am J Gastroenterol 2005;100:1772-1779.
- 13Principles of Biomedical Ethics. 5th ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2001., .