Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
Article first published online: 30 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 463–471, August 2011
How to Cite
Welzel, T. M., Graubard, B. I., Zeuzem, S., El-Serag, H. B., Davila, J. A. and McGlynn, K. A. (2011), Metabolic syndrome increases the risk of primary liver cancer in the United States: A study in the SEER-medicare database. Hepatology, 54: 463–471. doi: 10.1002/hep.24397
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Zeuzem is a consultant for, advises, and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb. He is a consultant for and advsies Bayer. He also received grants from Human Genome Sciences.
This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 30 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 APR 2011 11:10AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2010
- 15Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity. Circulation 2009; 120: 1640-1645., , , , , , et al.
- 27SEER*Stat Database: Incidence - SEER 13 Regs Research Data, Nov 2009 Sub (1992-2007) - Linked To County Attributes - Total U.S., 1969-2007 Counties, National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch. Released April 2010, based on the November 2009 submission. http://seer.cancer.gov/ Accessed May 2011.
- 28Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Digestive System. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2000., .
- 29International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICD-O-3). 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1990..
- 30Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive Summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001; 285: 2486-2497.
- 31ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines, Conversion, and Addenda. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Center for Health Statistics. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd9cm_addenda_ guidelines.htm. Accessed May 2011.