Fax: 33 3 816 684 17
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 789–800, 2 September 2011
How to Cite
Di Martino, V., Richou, C., Cervoni, J.-P., Sanchez-Tapias, J. M., Jensen, D. M., Mangia, A., Buti, M., Sheppard, F., Ferenci, P. and Thévenot, T. (2011), Response-guided peg-interferon plus ribavirin treatment duration in chronic hepatitis C: Meta-analyses of randomized, controlled trials and implications for the future. Hepatology, 54: 789–800. doi: 10.1002/hep.24480
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Sanchez-Tapias is a consultant for and is on the speakers' bureau of Novartis. He is in the speakers' bureau of and received grants from Schering-Plough and Roche. He is a consultant for and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb. He is also in the speakers' bureau of Gilead. Dr. Ferenci advises, is on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Roche. Dr. Mangia received grants from Merck and Roche. She is a consultant for Janssen. Dr. Jensen is a consultant for Globeimmune. He is a consultant for and advises Abbott Labs. He advises Roche, Merck, Pfizer, Pharmasset, Tibotec, Vertex, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer/Ingelheim, and Genentech. Dr. Cervoni received grants from Schering-Plough. Dr. Buti is on the speakers' bureau of Merck. Dr. Martino is a consultant for Merck and Gilead.
This meta-analysis was not supported by any pharmaceutical company or governmental agency.
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUN 2011 08:07AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2011
- 3Efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 protease inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C infection (SPRINT-1): an open-label, randomised, multicentre phase 2 trial. Lancet 2010; 376: 705-716., , , , , , et al.
- 15Comparison of peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin for 12 or 24 weeks in patients with HCV genotype 2 or 3: the CLEO trial. HEPATOLOGY 2007; 46 ( Suppl 1): 828A., , , , , , et al.
- 30The results of a randomized trial looking at 24 weeks vs 48 weeks of treatment with peginterferon alpha-2a (40 kDa) and ribavirin combination therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1. J Viral Hepat 2006; 13: 552-559., , , , , , et al.
- 32Reduced dose and duration of Peginterferon alfa-2b + weight-based ribavirin in European and Asian genotype 2 and 3 chronic hepatitis C patients (Redd 2/3 trial). J Hepatol 2009; 50( Suppl 1): S59., , , , , , et al.
- 33Eight-week regimen of antiviral combination therapy with peginterferon and ribavirin for patients with chronic hepatitis C with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 and a rapid virological response. Liver Int 2009; 29: 120-125., , , , , , et al.