These authors contributed equally to the manuscript.
Genetic variation in the interleukin-28B gene is not associated with fibrosis progression in patients with chronic hepatitis C and known date of infection†
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 4, pages 1127–1134, October 2011
How to Cite
Marabita, F., Aghemo, A., De Nicola, S., Rumi, M. G., Cheroni, C., Scavelli, R., Crimi, M., Soffredini, R., Abrignani, S., De Francesco, R. and Colombo, M. (2011), Genetic variation in the interleukin-28B gene is not associated with fibrosis progression in patients with chronic hepatitis C and known date of infection. Hepatology, 54: 1127–1134. doi: 10.1002/hep.24503
Potential conflict of interest : Dr. Rumi received grants from Roche, Janssen, and Gilead. Dr. Colombo advises and received grants from Roche, Merck, Gilead, Bayers, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. He also advises Tibotec.
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JUN 2011 07:11PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 18 FEB 2011
- 12R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2009. Available at: http://www.R-project.org
- 13Terry Therneau and original R port by Thomas Lumley. Survival: survival analysis, including penalised likelihood. R package version 2.35–7. 2009. Available at: http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=survival. Accessed on February 18, 2011.
- 18IL28B genetic polymorphism has genome wide significant associations with serum low density lipoprotein levels and hepatic steatosis in patients with genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 1): 439A.
- 19Influence of IL28B-genotype on insulin resistance in treatment-naïve patients with chronic hepatitis C [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 1): 1224A., , , , , , et al.
- 20IL28B rs12979860 C>T polymorphism affects the evolution of chronic hepatitis C [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 1): 438A., , , , , , et al.
- 21IL28B polymorphism predicts sustained virological response in hepatitis C but is not associated with fibrosis or viral load [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 1): 748A., , , , , .
- 22IL28B genotype is not associated with advanced hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C patients enrolled in the ideal study [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 1): 437A., , , , , , et al.
- 23Genome-wide association study identifies IL28B polymorphism to be associated with baseline alt and hepatic necro-inflammatory activity in chronic hepatitis C patients enrolled in the IDEAL study [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 1): 1220A., , , , , , et al.
- 30Sampling error and intraobserver variation in liver biopsy in patients with chronic HCV infection. Am J Gastroenterology 2002; 97: 2614-2618., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: