These authors contributed equally to this work.
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 4, pages 1398–1409, October 2011
How to Cite
Mueller, K. M., Kornfeld, J.-W., Friedbichler, K., Blaas, L., Egger, G., Esterbauer, H., Hasselblatt, P., Schlederer, M., Haindl, S., Wagner, K.-U., Engblom, D., Haemmerle, G., Kratky, D., Sexl, V., Kenner, L., Kozlov, A. V., Terracciano, L., Zechner, R., Schuetz, G., Casanova, E., Pospisilik, J. A., Heim, M. H. and Moriggl, R. (2011), Impairment of hepatic growth hormone and glucocorticoid receptor signaling causes steatosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. Hepatology, 54: 1398–1409. doi: 10.1002/hep.24509
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This work was supported by grant SFB F28 from the Austrian Science Funds (FWF; to R.M., J.W.K., K.M.M., V.S., and K.F.) and grant SFB F30 (FWF; to G.H., D.K., and R.Z.). G.E. was supported by an Elise Richter fellowship (FWF; V102-B12). L.B. and E.C. were supported by grant GEN-AU Austromouse. H.E. and J.A.P. were supported by grants of the Vienna Science and Technology Fund (WWTF project LS07-058) and JDRF.
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 JUL 2011 03:33PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAR 2011
- Unknown funding agency
- 32Intracellular regeneration of glucocorticoids by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD)-1 plays a key role in regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis: analysis of 11beta-HSD-1-deficient mice. Endocrinology 2001; 142: 114-120., , , , .
- 37Disruption of the growth hormone—signal transducer and activator of transcription 5—insulin-like growth factor 1 axis severely aggravates liver fibrosis in a mouse model of cholestasis. Hepatology 2010; 51: 1319-1326., , , , , , et al.
- 38The transcription factors signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A (STAT5A) and STAT5B negatively regulate cell proliferation through the activation of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2b (Cdkn2b) and Cdkn1a expression. Hepatology 2010; 52: 1808-1818., , , , , , et al.