Autoimmune, Cholestatic and Biliary Disease
Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 2099–2103, December 2011
How to Cite
McNally, R. J.Q., James, P. W., Ducker, S. and James, O. F.W. (2011), Seasonal variation in the patient diagnosis of primary biliary cirrhosis: Further evidence for an environmental component to etiology. Hepatology, 54: 2099–2103. doi: 10.1002/hep.24597
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This study was supported by the Medical Research Council (UK).
- Issue online: 30 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 AUG 2011 10:26AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2011
- 12Office for National Statistics. 2001 census: small area statistics and local base statistics [computer file]. ESRC/JISC Census Programme, Census Dissemination Unit, MIMAS, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 2001.
- 15On the criterion that a given system of deviations from the probable in the case of correlated system of variables is such that it can be reasonably supposed to have arisen from random sampling. Philosop Mag 1900; 50: 157-175..
- 16Office of Population Censuses and Surveys Census Division, General Register Office (Scotland) Census Branch. 1981 census small area statistics: 100% population and households aggregated to ward level (Great Britain) [computer file]. Colchester, Essex, UK: UK Data Archive [distributor] SN, 1893, 1983.
- 17Office for National Statistics. 1991 census: small area statistics and local base statistics [computer file]. ESRC/JISC Census Programme, Census Dissemination Unit, MIMAS, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 1991.
- 19Detection of M2 antibodies in patients with recurrent urinary tract infection using an ELISA and purified PBC specific antigens. Evidence for a molecular mimicry mechanism in the pathogenesis of primary biliary cirrhosis? Biochem Mol Biol Int 1995; 35: 473-485., , , .
- 24Novosphingobium aromaticivorans: a potential initiator of primary biliary cirrhosis. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 2147-2149..Direct Link:
- 25Antimitochondrial antibodies and reactivity to N. aromaticivorans proteins in Icelandic patients with primary biliary cirrhosis and their relatives. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 2143-2146., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: