Potential conflict of interest: Drs. Nettles, Gao, Bifano, Chung, Lopez-Talavera, Grasela, and Persson own stocks in Bristol-Myers Squibb. Dr. Rodriguez-Torres consults for Genentech. He received grants from Vertex, Valeant, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Wyeth, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Virochem-Pharma, Idera, Intarcia, Sanofi-Aventis, Merck, Pfizer, Human Genome Sciences, Gilead, Johnson & Johnson, Zymogenetics, and Medtronics. He also consults for and received grants from Anandys, Roche, Pharmasset, Abbott, and Akros. Dr. Lawitz received grants from Abbott, Achillion, Anadys, Biolex, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, GlobeImmune, Idenix, Idera, Inhibitex, Medarex, Medtronic, Merck, Novartis, Pharmasset, Roche, Schering-Plough, Santaris, Scynexis, Tibotec, Vertex, ViroChem, and ZymoGenetics.
Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 1956–1965, December 2011
How to Cite
Nettles, R. E., Gao, M., Bifano, M., Chung, E., Persson, A., Marbury, T. C., Goldwater, R., DeMicco, M. P., Rodriguez-Torres, M., Vutikullird, A., Fuentes, E., Lawitz, E., Lopez-Talavera, J. C. and Grasela, D. M. (2011), Multiple ascending dose study of BMS-790052, a nonstructural protein 5A replication complex inhibitor, in patients infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 1. Hepatology, 54: 1956–1965. doi: 10.1002/hep.24609
Supported by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
See Editorial on Page 1898
- Issue online: 30 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 AUG 2011 09:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAY 2011
- 3Efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 protease inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C infection (SPRINT-1): an open-label, randomised, multicentre phase 2 trial. Lancet 2010; 376: 705-716., , , , , , et al.
- 4Telaprevir in combination with peginterferon and ribavirin in genotype 1 HCV treatment-naïve patients: final results of phase 3 ADVANCE study. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl S1): 427A [Abstract 211]., , , , , , et al.
- 10Higher hepatitis C virus (HCV) clearance rates during treatment with direct acting agents compared to interferon-alpha. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl S1): 718A [Abstract 826]., , , , .
- 12Once-daily NS5A inhibitor (BMS-790052) plus peginterferon-alpha-2A and ribavirin produces high rates of extended rapid virologic response in treatment-naive HCV-genotype 1 subjects: Phase 2A trial. J Hepatol 2010; 52( Suppl 1): S462 [Abstract 1189]., , , , , , et al.
- 13Combination therapy with BMS-790052 and BMS-650032 alone or with pegIFN/RBV results in undetectable HCV RNA through 12 weeks of therapy in HCV genotype 1 null responders. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl S1): 223A [Abstract LB-8]., , , , , , et al.