Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 2055–2063, December 2011
How to Cite
Iavarone, M., Cabibbo, G., Piscaglia, F., Zavaglia, C., Grieco, A., Villa, E., Cammà, C., Colombo, M. and on behalf of the SOFIA (SOraFenib Italian Assessment) study group (2011), Field-practice study of sorafenib therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma: A prospective multicenter study in Italy. Hepatology, 54: 2055–2063. doi: 10.1002/hep.24644
Potential conflict of interest: Fabio Piscaglia receives consulting and speaking support from Bayer and Bracco. Massimo Colombo has received grant and research support from Schering-Plough, Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, and Bayer and is on the Advisory Boards of Schering-Plough, Roche, Novartis, Vertex, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, Bayer, and Tibotec. He also receives speaking and teaching support from Schering-Plough, Roche, Novartis, Vertex, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, and Bayer. The other authors have nothing to report. Travel support provided by Gilead (M. I.) and Bayer (G. C.).
SOFIA study group: Milan1—Massimo Iavarone, Angelo Sangiovanni, Sara Vavassori, Raffaella Romeo, and Massimo Colombo; Palermo2,3—Giuseppe Cabibbo, Vito Di Marco, Calogero Cammà, and Antonio Craxì; Bologna4—Alberto Borghi, Alessandro Granito, Fabio Piscaglia, and Luigi Bolondi; Milan5—Claudio Zavaglia, Aldo Airoldi, and Giovambattista Pinzello; Rome6—Marco Biolato, Simona Racco, Maurizio Pompili, and Antonio Grieco; Modena7—Barbara Lei, Nicola De Maria, and Erica Villa.
- Issue online: 30 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 SEP 2011 09:29AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUN 2011
- 7EU Summary of Product Characteristics for Nexavar, November 2010, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany.
- 11Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE): explanation and elaboration. Ann Intern Med 2007; 147: 163-194., , , , , .
- 14Agenzia Italiana del Farmaco. Registro farmaci oncologici sottoposti a monitoraggio. http://antineoplastici.agenziafarmaco.it/normativa_registro_trast.htm. Accessed September 2011.
- 17Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program. Common terminology criteria for adverse events, version 3.0, DCTD, NCI, NIH, DHHS. http://ctep.cancer.gov. Published March 31, 2003 and August 9, 2006. Accessed September 2011.
- 31Phase III study of sorafenib in patients in Japan and Korea with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) treated after transarterial chemoembolization (TACE). Presented at: 2010 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium; Januaary 22-24, 2010; Orlando, FL. Abstract LBA128., , , , , , et al.
- 32Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) according to baseline status: subset analyses of the Phase III sorafenib HCC assessment randomized protocol (SHARP) trial. Lancet Oncol. In press., , , , , , et al.
- 35GIDEON (Global Investigation of the therapeutic Decision in hepatocellular carcinoma and Of its treatment with sorafeNIB) study first interim results: sorafenib dosing across regions and disease subgroups. 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver 2011. J Hepatol 2011; 54( suppl 1): A81., , , , , , et al.