Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Perelson owns stock in Vertex and is a consulting for Gilead and Achillion. Dr. Shudo is an employee of Roche.
Hepatitis C viral kinetics with the nucleoside polymerase inhibitor mericitabine (RG7128)†
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 1030–1037, April 2012
How to Cite
Guedj, J., Dahari, H., Shudo, E., Smith, P. and Perelson, A. S. (2012), Hepatitis C viral kinetics with the nucleoside polymerase inhibitor mericitabine (RG7128). Hepatology, 55: 1030–1037. doi: 10.1002/hep.24788
- Issue published online: 27 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 NOV 2011 09:26AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUL 2011
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: RR006555, P20-RR018754, AI065256, AI028433
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: NSF PHY05-51164
- University of Illinois Walter Payton Liver Center Guild and performed under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Energy. Grant Number: DE-AC52-06NA25396
- 1World Health Organization. Hepatitis C fact sheet, no. 164. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs164/en/index.html. Revised June 2011. Accessed November 2011.
- 9Antiviral activity, pharmacokinetics, safety, and tolerability of R7128, a novel nucleoside HCV RNA polymerase inhibitor, following multiple, ascending, oral doses in patients with HCV genotype 1 infection who have failed prior interferon therapy. HEPATOLOGY 2007; 46( Suppl 1): 862A., , , , , , et al.
- 10Antiviral activity of the HCV nucleoside polymerase inhibitor R7128 in HCV genotype 2 and 3 prior non-responders: interim results of R7128 1500mg BID with PEG-IFN and ribavirin for 28 days. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 1024A., , , , , , et al.
- 11Potent antiviral response to the HCV nucleoside polymerase inhibitor R7128 for 28 days with peg-IFN and ribavirin: subanalysis by race/ethnicity, weight, and HCV genotype. HEPATOLOGY 2008; 48: 1160A., , , , , , et al.
- 20Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-PLUS. New York: Springer Verlag, 2000., .
- 24Higher hepatitis C virus (HCV) clearance rates during treatment with direct acting agents compared to interferon-alpha [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52: 121A., , , , .
- 26PSI-7851: a novel liver-targeting nucleotide prodrug for the treatment of hepatitis C [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2009; 48: 1161A., , , , , , et al.
- 29HCV viral kinetics during ribavirin monotherapy: results of a randomized partially double blind placebo controlled clinical trial. J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl): S185-S185., , , , , , et al.
- 32New insights into the mechanisms of action of interferon-alpha and BMS-790052: a multi-scale mathematical modeling approach J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl): S474., , , , , , et al.
- 33High rates of early viral response, promising safety profile and lack of resistance-related breakthrough in HCV GT 1/4 patients treated with RG7128 plus PegIFN alfa-2a (40KD)/RBV: planned week 12 interim analysis from the PROPEL study [Abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52: A81., , , , , .
- 34First SVR data with the nucleoside analogue polymerase inhibitor mericitabine (RG7128) combined with peginterferon/ribavirin in treatment-naive HCV G1/4 patients: interim analysis from the JUMP-C trial. J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl): S538., , , , , , et al.