Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 55, Issue 6, pages 1652–1661, June 2012
How to Cite
Denniston, M. M., Klevens, R. M., McQuillan, G. M. and Jiles, R. B. (2012), Awareness of infection, knowledge of hepatitis C, and medical follow-up among individuals testing positive for hepatitis C: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2001-2008. Hepatology, 55: 1652–1661. doi: 10.1002/hep.25556
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 29 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 DEC 2011 01:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 SEP 2011
- 4The epidemiology of newly diagnosed chronic liver disease in gastroenterology practices in the United States: results from population-based surveillance. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 2727-2736; quiz, 2737., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Recommendations for prevention and control of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and HCV-related chronic disease. MMWR Recomm Rep 1998; 47: 1-39.
- 9Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. About the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) Available at: www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/nhanes/intro_mec.htm 2009. Accessed on March 8, 2011.
- 10Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Documentation, Codebook and Frequencies: Hepatitis C Follow-up Questionnaire, Analytic Notes. Available at: www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2007–2008/HCQ_E.htm Accessed on July 15, 2010.
- 11SAS Institute, Inc. SAS/STAT User's Guide, Version 9. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, Inc.; 2009.
- 12Identification and management of hepatitis C patients in primary care clinics. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 639-644., , , .Direct Link:
- 17Hepatitis and liver cancer: a national strategy for prevention and control of hepatitis B and C. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2010. Available at: www.nap.edu/catalog/12793.html. Accessed on March 8, 2011..