Autoimmune, Cholestatic and Biliary Disease
Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 55, Issue 6, pages 1889–1900, June 2012
How to Cite
Hayashi, H., Inamura, K., Aida, K., Naoi, S., Horikawa, R., Nagasaka, H., Takatani, T., Fukushima, T., Hattori, A., Yabuki, T., Horii, I. and Sugiyama, Y. (2012), AP2 adaptor complex mediates bile salt export pump internalization and modulates its hepatocanalicular expression and transport function. Hepatology, 55: 1889–1900. doi: 10.1002/hep.25591
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This study was supported by the Program for Promotion of Fundamental Studies in Health Sciences of the National Institute of Biomedical Innovation and Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B) (23790175).
After our revision, Xu et al. (Yale Liver Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT) also demonstrated the importance of the tyrosine motif in the carboxyl terminus of BSEP for BSEP internalization in the annual meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (Xu et al., HEPATOLOGY 54;S1:453A).
- Issue online: 29 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JAN 2012 06:20AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUL 2011
- Program for Promotion of Fundamental Studies in Health Sciences of the National Institute of Biomedical Innovation
- Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B). Grant Number: 23790175
- 10The expression levels of plasma membrane transporters in the cholestatic liver of patients undergoing biliary drainage and their association with the impairment of biliary secretory function. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 3368-3378., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 14Up-regulation of the multidrug resistance genes, Mrp1 and Mdr1b, and down-regulation of the organic anion transporter, Mrp2, and the bile salt transporter, Spgp, in endotoxemic rat liver. HEPATOLOGY 1998; 28: 1637-1644., , , , , , et al.
- 26Ubiquitination is associated with the internalization of bile salt export pump (Bsep/Abcb11) from the plasma membrane. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54: 725a-726a., , , , .