fax: +49 511 532 4896
Vaniprevir with pegylated interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naïve patients with chronic hepatitis C: A randomized phase II study†
Article first published online: 17 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 884–893, September 2012
How to Cite
Manns, M. P., Gane, E., Rodriguez-Torres, M., Stoehr, A., Yeh, C.-T., Marcellin, P., Wiedmann, R. T., Hwang, P. M., Caro, L., Barnard, R. J.O., Lee, A. W. and for the MK-7009 Protocol 007 Study Group (2012), Vaniprevir with pegylated interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naïve patients with chronic hepatitis C: A randomized phase II study. Hepatology, 56: 884–893. doi: 10.1002/hep.25743
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Manns is on the speakers' bureau of, and serves as a consultant to Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Gilead, and Merck; serves as consultant to Boehringer-Ingelheim, Novartis, Tibotec, and Vertex; he has received grant/research support from Roche, Gilead, Novartis, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Merck. Dr. Gane has served as an advisor to Novartis, Janssen Cilag, and Gilead. Dr. Rodriguez-Torres consults for Hoffmann- La Roche, Abbott Laboratories, Pharmasset, Akros, Genentech, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, Merck, Inhibitex, Santaris, and GlaxoSmithKline and has received grant/research support from Vertex, Anadys, Hoffman La Roche, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Idera, Pharmasset, Sanofi-Aventis, Merck, Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer, Human Genome Sciences, Gilead, Johnson & Johnson, Zymogenetics, Akros, Scynexis, Santaris, Mochida, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Inhibitex, Idenix, and Siemens. Dr. Stoehr is on the speakers' bureau of Merck and Roche. Dr. Yeh has nothing to disclose. Dr. Marcellin has received grants from and served as investigator, speaker, and expert for Roche, Gilead, Janssen-Tibotec, and Merck; he has served as investigator, speaker, and expert for Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, and Pharmasset; has served as investigator and expert for Vertex and Abbott; an has served as investigator for Boehringer-Ingelheim and Pfizer; and received grants and served as an investigator for Echosens. Drs. Wiedmann, Hwang, Caro, and Lee are employees of Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ. Dr. Barnard is an employee of and owns stock in Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ.
- Issue published online: 28 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 17 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 APR 2012 12:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2012
- Merck Sharpe & Dohme Corp
- 18Safety, tolerability, and antiviral activity of MK-7009, a novel inhibitor of the hepatitis C virus NS3/4A protease, in patients with chronic HCV genotype 1 infection [abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 48( Suppl 4): 403A., , , , , , et al.
- 20Efficacy and safety of TMC435 in combination with peginterferon alfa 2a and ribavirin in treatment-naïve genotype-1 HCV patients: 24-week interim results from the PILLAR study [abstract]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl 4): LB-5., , , , , , et al.
- 21Once daily alisporivir (DEB025) plus pegifnalfa2A/ribavirin results in superior sustained virologic response (SVR24) in chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 treatment naive patients [abstract]. J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl 1): S2., , , , , , et al.
- 27Safety, tolerability, and antiviral activity of MK-7009, a novel inhibitor of the hepatitis C virus NS3/4A protease, in patients with chronic HCV genotype 1 infection. Presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, October 31-November 4, 2008, San Francisco, CA., , , , , , et al.