Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Tran advises and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb. She also advises Gilead.
The patient, the doctor, and the system: Underdiagnosis and undertreatment of hepatitis B†
Version of Record online: 6 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 776–777, August 2012
How to Cite
Tran, T. T., Ocampo, L. H. (2012), The patient, the doctor, and the system: Underdiagnosis and undertreatment of hepatitis B. Hepatology, 56: 776–777. doi: 10.1002/hep.25774
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2012
- 2Institute of Medicine. Hepatitis and Liver Cancer: A National Strategy for Prevention and Control of Hepatitis B and C. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2010.
- 4Viral hepatitis statistics and surveillance—2009 surveillance data for acute viral hepatitis. Table 3.4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. Division of Viral Hepatitis. http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/Statistics/2009Surveillance/Table3.4.htm. Accessed January 30, 2012.
- 7Recommendations for identification and public health management of persons with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5708a1.htm. Accessed January 30, 2012.
- 8Hepatitis B and liver cancer among three Asian American sub-groups: a focus group inquiry. J Immigr Minor Health. In press., , , .