Will IL28B polymorphism remain relevant in the era of direct-acting antiviral agents for hepatitis C virus?†
Version of Record online: 3 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 373–381, July 2012
How to Cite
Thompson, A. J. and McHutchison, J. G. (2012), Will IL28B polymorphism remain relevant in the era of direct-acting antiviral agents for hepatitis C virus?. Hepatology, 56: 373–381. doi: 10.1002/hep.25792
Potential conflict of interest: A.J.T and J.G.M are coinventors of a patent related to the IL28B discovery. A.J.T has received research support from Merck, Roche and Gilead Sciences, has served as a consultant for Merck, Roche and Janssen-Cilag, and has served on speaker bureaus for Merck. J.G.M. is an employee of Gilead Sciences.
- Issue online: 3 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 3 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 APR 2012 04:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2011
- 6Boceprevir combined with peginterferon alfa-2b/ribavirin for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 1: SPRINT-2 final results [Abstract LB4]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52(Suppl)., , , et al.
- 7Telaprevir substantially improved SVR rates across all IL28B genotypes in the ADVANCE trial [Abstract 1369]. J Hepatol 2011; 54(Suppl 1):S542–S543., , , et al.
- 8Evolution of treatment-emergent resistant variants in telaprevir phase 3 clinical trials [Abstract 8]. J Hepatol 2011;54(Suppl 1):S4., , , et al.
- 9Impact of IL28B genotype and pretreatment serum IP-10 in treatment-naive genotype-1 HCV patients treated with TMC435 in combination with peginterferonα-2A and ribavirin in PILLAR study [Abstract 11]. J Hepatol 2011;54(Suppl 1):S5-S6., , , , , , et al.
- 10The ASPIRE trial: TMC435 in treatment-experienced patients with genotype-1 HCV infection who have failed previous pegIFN/RBV treatment [Abstract 1376]. J Hepatol 2011; 54(Suppl 1):S546., , , et al.
- 11Combination therapy with BMS-790052 and BMS-650032 alone or with pegIFN/RBV results in undetectable HCV RNA through 12 weeks of therapy in HCV genotype 1 null responders [Abstract LB-8]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 877A., , , et al.
- 13First SVR data with the nucleoside analogue polymerase inhibitor mericitabine (RG7128) combined with peginterferon/ribavirin in treatment-naive HCV G1/4 patients: interim analysis from the JUMP-C trial [Abstract 1359]. J Hepatol 2011; 54(Suppl 1): S538., , , et al.
- 14Once daily PSI-7977 plus peg-IFN/RBV in HCV GT1: 98% rapid virologic response, completely early virologic responet: The PROTON study [Abstract 1372]. J Hepatol 2011;54(Suppl 1):S544., , , , , , et al.
- 15IL28B polymorphism and kinetics of antiviral activity for ANA598 in combination with pegylated interferon alpha-2a plus ribavirin in treatment-naive genotype-1 chronic HCV patients [Abstract 1852]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52(Suppl);1200A., , , et al.
- 18The effect of host IL28B genotype on early viral kinetics during interferon-free treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C (CHC) [Abstract 1323]. J Hepatol 2011; 54 ( S1): S521., , , et al.
- 23Virololgic Rresponse to an interferon-free regimen of BI201335 and BI207127, with and without rivavirin, in treatement-naive patients with chronic genotype-1 HCV infection: Week 12 interim results of the SOUND-C2 STUDY [Abstract LB-15]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 1436A., , , et al.
- 24Dual oral combination therapy with the NS5A inhibitor BMS-790052 and the NS3 protease BMS-650032 achieved 90% sustained virologic response (SVR12) in HCV genotype 1B-infected null responders [Abstract LB-4]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 1428A., , , , et al.
- 25Pegylated interferon lambda (PEG-IFN-λ) phase 2 dose-ranging, active controlled study in combination with ribavirin (RBV) for treatment naive HCV patients (genotype 1,2,3 or 4): safety, viral response and impact of IL28B host genotype through week 12 [Abstract 821]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52(Suppl): 715A., , , et al.
- 27IL28B polymorphism and kinetics of antiviral activity for ANA598 in combination with pegylated interferon α 2A plus ribavirin in treatment-naive genotype-1 chronic HCV patients [Abstract 1852]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52(Suppl):1200A., , , et al.
- 31HCV-specific cellular immunity, RNA reductions, and normalization of ALT in chronic HCV subjects after treatment with GI-5005, a yeast-based immunotherapy targeting NS3 and core: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 1b study. HEPATOLOGY 2007; 46(Suppl): A1304., , , et al.
- 32GI-5005 Therapeutic vaccine plus Peg-IFN/ribavirin improves sustained virologic response versus Peg-IFN/ribavirin in prior non-responders with genotype 1 chronic HCV infection [Abstract LB-6]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52(Suppl):107A., , , et al.
- 33GI-5005 therapeutic vaccine improves deficit in cellular immunity in IL28B genotype T/T, treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 when added to standard of care (SOC) Peg-IFN-alfa-2A/ribavirin [Abstract 1973]. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52(Suppl): 1258A., , , et al.
- 37Once daily PSI-7977 plus RBV: pegylated interferon-alfa not required for complete rapid viral response in treatment-naive patients with Gt2 or Gt3 [Abstract 34]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 377A., , , , e al.
- 38The cost-effectiveness of a telaprevir-inclusive regimen as initial therapy for genotype 1 hepatitis C infection in individuals with the C/C IL28B polymorphism [Abstract 118]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 417A., , , et al.
- 42TMC435 in combination with peginterferon and ribavirin in treatment-naive HCV genotype 1 patients: final analysis of the PILLAR phase IIB study [Abstract LB-5]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 1429A., , , , et al.
- 43Treatment with the second generation HCV protease inhibitor BI201335 results in high and consistent SVR rates — results from SILEN-C1 in treatment naive patients across different baseline factors [Abstract 226]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 473A., , , et al.
- 44High sustained SVR 24 rates with response-guided danoprevir plus PEGIFNa2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive HCV genotype 1 patients: results from the ATLAS study [Abstract 79]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 398A., , , , , et al.
- 45Once-daily PSI-7977 plus PEG/RBV in treatment-naive patients with HCV Gt1: robust end-of-treatment response rates are sustained post-treatment [Abstract 225]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 472A., , , , et al.
- 46BMS-790052, a NS5A replication complex inhibitor, combined with peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin ion treatment-naive HCV-genotype 1 or 4 patients: phase 2B AI444010 study interim week 12 results [Abstract 227]. HEPATOLOGY 2011; 54(Suppl): 474A., , , , , et al.