Liver Failure/Cirrhosis/Portal Hypertension
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 249–257, January 2013
How to Cite
Ioannou, G. N., Bryson, C. L., Weiss, N. S., Miller, R., Scott, J. D. and Boyko, E. J. (2013), The prevalence of cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Hepatology, 57: 249–257. doi: 10.1002/hep.25800
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Supported by Investigator Initiated Research grant EPID-007-10S, Clinical Science Research and Development, Office of Research and Development, Veterans Affairs (to G. N. I.).
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 APR 2012 12:18PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 DEC 2011
- 1Liver-related deaths in HIV-infected patients between 1995 and 2005 in the French GERMIVIC Joint Study Group Network (Mortavic 2005 study in collaboration with the Mortalite 2005 survey, ANRS EN19). HIV Med 2009; 10: 282-289., , , , , , et al.
- 3http://www.retroconference.org/2011/PDFs/789.pdf. Accessed March 8, 2012., , . Changing patterns of causes of death in the SHCS 2005-2009. CROI 2001. Poster #789. Available at:
- 7http://vaww.hiv.va.gov/vahiv?page=prin-cqm-01. Accessed July 5, 2009.
- 8http://vaww.hiv.va.gov/vahiv?page=prin08-Demo-InCare-HIV-2008-All Accessed July 5, 2009.
- 9http://vaww.vistau.med.va.gov/vistau/ccr/default.htm Accessed July 5, 2009.
- 11The effect of HIV coinfection on the risk of cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in U.S. veterans with hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 56-63., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 13Utilization of surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma among hepatitis C virus-infected veterans in the United States. Ann Intern Med 2011; 154: 85-93., , , , , , et al.
- 25Telaprevir combination with peginterferon alfa-2a/ribavirin in HCV/HIV coinfected patients: 24-week treatment interim analysis. Presented at: 62nd Annual Meeting for the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases; September 15, 2011; San Francisco, CA. Abstract 8., , , , , , et al.
- 26Boceprevir plus peginterferon/ribavirin for the treatment of HCV/HIV co-infected patients: interim on-treatment results. Presented at: 49th Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America; October 22, 2011; Boston, MA. Abstract 37., , , , , , et al.
- 27Role of uncontrolled HIV RNA level and immunodeficiency in the occurrence of malignancy in HIV-infected patients during the combination antiretroviral therapy era: Agence Nationale de Recherche sur le Sida (ANRS) CO3 Aquitaine Cohort. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 49: 1109-1116., , , , , , et al.