Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 5, pages 1688–1698, November 2012
How to Cite
Lo Re, V., Volk, J., Newcomb, C. W., Yang, Y.-X., Freeman, C. P., Hennessy, S., Kostman, J. R., Tebas, P., Leonard, M. B. and Localio, A. R. (2012), Risk of hip fracture associated with hepatitis c virus infection and hepatitis C/human immunodeficiency virus coinfection. Hepatology, 56: 1688–1698. doi: 10.1002/hep.25866
Potential conflicts of interest: Dr. Lo Re received grants from Astra Zeneca and Gilead. Dr. Kostman is a consultant for, advises, and is on the speakers' bureau of Merck and Vertex.
This study was supported by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (research grants K01-AI070001 and U01-AI069467), the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (research grant K24-DK076808), the Clinical and Translational Science Award from the National Institutes of Health (grant no.: UL1-RR024134), and a Penn FOCUS Medical Student Fellowship in Women's Health (Bertha Dagan Berman Award).
- Issue online: 31 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 MAY 2012 11:26AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2012
- 14Medicaid databases. In: Strom BL, ed. Pharmacoepidemiology, 4th ed. Chichester, UK: Wiley; 2005., , , :
- 15Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicaid Statistical Information System (MSIS) Tables. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/MedicaidDataSourcesGenInfo/MSIS/list.asp. Accessed on April 4, 2012.
- 16Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicaid Analytic eXtract (MAX) Validation Reports. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/MedicaidDataSourcesGenInfo/MVR/list.asp. Accessed on April 4, 2012.
- 17Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Report to the Congress: New Approaches in Medicare. 2004.
- 26Direct standardization: a tool for teaching linear models for unbalanced data. Am Stat 1982; 36: 38-43..
- 29Modeling Survival Data in Medical Research. New York: Chapman and Hall; 2003.
- 31Constructing a control group using multivariate matched sampling methods that incorporate the propensity score. Am Stat 1985; 39: 33-38., .
- 34HIV envelope gp120-mediated regulation of osteoclastogenesis via receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa B ligand (RANKL) secretion and its modulation by certain HIV protease inhibitors through interferon-gamma/RANKL cross-talk. J Biol Chem 2003; 278: 48251-48258., .
- 41National Osteoporosis Foundation. Clinician's Guide to Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. Washington, DC: National Osteoporosis Foundation; 2010.
- 42Hospital and outpatient health services utilization among HIV-infected adults in care 2000-2002. Med Care 2005; 43( 9 Suppl): III40-III52., , , , , , et al.