Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 6, pages 2398–2403, December 2012
How to Cite
Wedemeyer, H., Jensen, D. M., Godofsky, E., Mani, N., Pawlotsky, J.-M., Miller, V. and on behalf of the Definitions/Nomenclature Working Group* of the HCV DrAG (HCV Drug Development Advisory Group), under the auspices of the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research (2012), Recommendations for standardized nomenclature and definitions of viral response in trials of hepatitis C virus investigational agents. Hepatology, 56: 2398–2403. doi: 10.1002/hep.25888
Potential conflicts of interest: Dr. Miller is the director, and Dr. Mani a project manager of the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research which receives unrestricted funds from pharmaceutical and diagnostic industries. Prof. Pawlotsky has received research grants from Roche and Gilead, and has served as an advisor for Abbott, Achillion, Anadys, Biotica, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, DebioPharm, Gen-Probe, Gilead, Glaxo-SmithKline, Idenix, Inhibitex, Janssen, Madaus-Rottapharm, Sanofi-Aventis, Schering-Plough/Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, Vertex and Virco. Dr. Jensen has received research grants from Abbott, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Genentech/Roche, Pharmasett and Tibotec, and served as an advisor to Abbott, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Genentech, Globeimmune, Merck, Pharmasett, Roche, and Vertex. Dr. Wedemeyer has received grants and honoraria for speaking and consulting for Roche, Abbott, Merck, Novartis, Gilead, BMS, and Transgene. Dr. Godofsky has served as consultant/advisory board member for Merck, lectures for Vertex, and receives research funding from Vertex, Merck, Novartis, Roche, Abbott, Gilead, Glaxo SmithKline, Idenix, and Human Genome Sciences.
Funding for the HCV DrAG from the following companies is gratefully acknowledged: Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Molecular, Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Biocartis, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, DDL Diagnostic Laboratory, Gilead Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline, Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Intermune, Merck & Co., Monogram Biosciences, Novartis, Pharmasset, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Roche, Roche Molecular Systems, Tibotec Therapeutics, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Virco.
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JUN 2012 04:57AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAR 2012
- 3Quadruple therapy with BMS-790052, BMS-650032 and Peg-IFN/RBV for 24 weeks results in 100% SVR12 in HCV genotype 1 null responders. Abstract 418. In: EASL; Berlin, Germany; 2011., , , , , , et al.
- 4EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: management of hepatitis C virus infection. J Hepatol 2011; 55: 245-264.
- 10Incivek US Prescribing Information. May 2011; Vertex Pharmaceuticals. Cambridge, MA.
- 11Victrelis US Prescribing Information. May 2011; Merck & Co. Whitehouse Station NJ.
- 12COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HCV Test Package Insert. October 2008; Roche Molecular Systems, Branchburg, NJ.
- 13Efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 protease inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C infection (SPRINT-1): an open-label, randomised, multicentre phase 2 trial. Lancet 2010; 376: 705-716., , , , , , et al.