fax: (966)-1-8011111 # 18880
Liver Failure/Cirrhosis/Portal Hypertension
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 6, pages 2305–2315, December 2012
How to Cite
Arabi, Y. M., Dara, S. I., Memish, Z., Al Abdulkareem, A., Tamim, H. M., Al-Shirawi, N., Parrillo, J. E., Dodek, P., Lapinsky, S., Feinstein, D., Wood, G., Dial, S., Zanotti, S., Kumar, A. and for the Cooperative Antimicrobial Therapy of Septic Shock (CATSS) Database Research Group (2012), Antimicrobial therapeutic determinants of outcomes from septic shock among patients with cirrhosis. Hepatology, 56: 2305–2315. doi: 10.1002/hep.25931
Potential conflict of interest: Anand Kumar received unrestricted research grants from Eli-Lilly, Pfizer, Bayer, Astellas, Merck, the Manitoba Health Research Council, the Health Sciences Centre (Winnipeg) Foundation, the Innovations and Opportunities Foundation (Winnipeg), and the Deacon Foundation (Winnipeg).
Additional and associate members of the Cooperative Antimicrobial Therapy of Septic Shock Database Research Group are listed in the Appendix.
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JUN 2012 02:02AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 OCT 2011
- 1World Health Organization. Global burden of disease. http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_ full.pdf. Accessed August 8, 2011.
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Chronic liver disease or cirrhosis. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/liverdis.htm. Accessed August 8, 2011.
- 3American Liver Foundation. Liver life challenge. http://www.liverfoun dation.org/. Accessed August 8, 2011.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National hospital discharge survey: 2005 annual summary with detailed diagnosis and procedure data. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_13/sr13_165.pdf. Accessed August 8, 2011.
- 6Short-term and long-term vital outcomes of cirrhotic patients admitted to an intensive care unit. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 22: 1474-1480., , , , , , et al.
- 22Initiation of inappropriate antimicrobial therapy results in a fivefold reduction of survival in human septic shock. Chest 2009; 136: 1237-1248., , , , , , et al.
- 26Definitions for sepsis and organ failure and guidelines for the use of innovative therapies in sepsis. The ACCP/SCCM Consensus Conference Committee. American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine. Chest 1992; 101: 1644-1655., , , , , , et al.
- 27Clinical approach to initial choice of antimicrobial therapy. In: The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy. Hyde Park, VT: Antimicrobial Therapy; 2004: 2-45., , .