Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 6, pages 2134–2141, December 2012
How to Cite
Akuta, N., Suzuki, F., Seko, Y., Kawamura, Y., Sezaki, H., Suzuki, Y., Hosaka, T., Kobayashi, M., Hara, T., Kobayashi, M., Saitoh, S., Arase, Y., Ikeda, K. and Kumada, H. (2012), Complicated relationships of amino acid substitution in hepatitis C virus core region and IL28B genotype influencing hepatocarcinogenesis. Hepatology, 56: 2134–2141. doi: 10.1002/hep.25949
Potential conflict of interest: Norio Akuta has received speakers' bureau from MSD K.K., and holds a right to get some loyalty from SRL. Inc.. Hiromitsu Kumada has received speakers' bureau from MSD K.K., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and holds a right to get some loyalty from SRL. Inc.. Fumitaka Suzuki has received speakers' bureau from Bristol-Myers Squibb. The other authors have nothing to disclose.
Supported in part by Grants-in-Aid for scientific research and development from the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and Ministry of Education Culture Sports Science and Technology, Government of Japan.
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUL 2012 03:10AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 30 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAY 2012
- 3Early viral kinetics and treatment outcome in combination of high-dose interferon induction vs. pegylated interferon plus ribavirin for naive patients infected with hepatitis C virus of genotype 1b and high viral load. J Med Virol 2005; 75: 27-34., , , , , , et al.
- 7Predictive factors of early and sustained responses to peginterferon plus ribavirin combination therapy in Japanese patients infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 1b: amino acid substitutions in the core region and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. J Hepatol 2007; 46: 403-410., , , , , , et al.
- 21Analysis of viral amino acids sequences and the IL28B SNP influencing the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C. Hepatol Int 2011 Aug 17 [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , , et al.
- 32Effect of interferon therapy on hepatocellular carcinogenesis in patients with chronic hepatitis type C: a long-term observation study of 1643 patients using statistical bias correction with proportional hazard analysis. HEPATOLOGY 1999; 29: 1124-1130., , , , , , et al.
- 35The pathogenesis, complications and therapeutic strategy for hepatitis C virus-associated insulin resistance in the era of anti-viral treatment. Rev Recent Clin Trials 2010; 5: 147-157., , , , , .
- 37Impact of amino acid substitutions in the hepatitis C virus genotype 1b core region on liver steatosis and glucose tolerance in non-cirrhotic patients without overt diabetes. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2011; 26: 836-842., , , , , , et al.